Header Owners

20ESGUY

Wondering if anyone with a header on the 2.0L has tried relocating the down stream O2 sensor instead of using the signal modifier to cure the check engine light. My front cat decided it didn't want to live anymore and a nice quality header is the same cost as a new pre-cat. Also if anyone has the specs on the O2 sensor acceptable voltage/resistance ranges and required distances that would be appreciated and could answer the question.

I'm pretty sure Funky Buddah had a bung welded in to the collector, for the 2nd o2 sensor. It's somewhere in the forum, do a search for it. He has a ractive header.

Long as the O2 sensor are spaced correctly you will not throw a CEL I put 4,000 on mine NO CEL NEVER

Supposedly you can eliminate a CEL by extending the 2nd O2 sensor after the 2nd cat. Mine threw a CEL cause I only put one near the collector.

FunkyBuddha said:
Supposedly you can eliminate a CEL by extending the 2nd O2 sensor after the 2nd cat. Mine threw a CEL cause I only put one near the collector.

Yeah, I knew you did something like that. I thought that you were all good to go though.

as long as you place the second o2 sensor after the last remaining cat it will not throw a code.

in all honesty, its easier to just wire up a MIL fix. the ecu does not tune the car from the second o2 sensor, people. it is there for one reason only - to ensure that the emissions system is not being tampered with. the second o2 sensor has zero bearing on performance.

Captain KRM P5 said:
as long as you place the second o2 sensor after the last remaining cat it will not throw a code.

in all honesty, its easier to just wire up a MIL fix. the ecu does not tune the car from the second o2 sensor, people. it is there for one reason only - to ensure that the emissions system is not being tampered with. the second o2 sensor has zero bearing on performance.

Thanks for clearing that up, I have not yet done the MIL fix, and was wondering wether or not there were any performance issues.

I did the MIL fix exactly as the instructions and the CEL came back on. I've heard of some people getting it back after more than 1000 miles but it was like 75 for me.

Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't too worried about performance issues, just would rather the install be as close to factory as possible, ie no mil. I guess the next hurdle is finding a recycling yard to get the harness from.

the captians brother wired up my MIL fix and so far, so good. im not sure how many mile sive put on the car since, but im sure its over 1000.

*knocks on wood*

Back