Hatchkitten's Protege5 Thread!

Keep me posted just have to make sure I can pull it off with work and I'm there!

In related news, I'll be at the OCC Mazda Meet - Come out! its a good time and there's prizes and all that good stuff.
People come from Chicago and Canada for this! No excuses! Ill post more details when I get them :)

Orange County Choppers Mazda Meet
Saturday April 21st, 2012

14 Crossroads Ct
Newburgh, NY 12550

cool car, keep up the good work .

on a side note most of my family is from farmingdale. I really like the area when i come up to visit. i spend alot of time at the roosevelt field mall over by there.

where did you buy the spoiler extension,
Rwkam was his user name. He was a rep for isport.
I bought it from him as a carbon fiber "second" it only has minor flaws in it though.
I don't remember how much I paid for it but it's probably earlier on in my thread.

Notspcy, aztecypher thanks for subbin! :D
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when people enjoy my thread.
It's good to know I'm doing something right.

On a side note I also love that look on a guys face when they see my car belongs to a girl... its priceless!!! :D

My wife drives a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT, V6, stick, etc. She installed most of her own short shifter and I helped her with her CAI and harness. Guys always do a double take when they see her on the street. Unfortunately every moron on the street wants to race her.

Sub, nice to see a girl in the modding scene. And if you think a tiburon is bad my fianc drives a yellow mp3 everybody tries to race her or me depending on who drives it, kind of annoying really

I secretly subbed and didn't ever say anything about it.

Good color choice! Makes me miss mine a little bit.

I'm sorry, I never caught if this was an autotragic, tiptronic, or a standard 5? I like where you're going with this car. (headbang)

Subbed:
sub_sandwich.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah. It's an auto.
But I waited a year to find a p5 that wasnt falling apart and I got it with 33k miles so I can't complain too much.
If anything happens to the tranny a manual is getting swapped in.
But it makes no sense to scrap something that works just fine as of now. Yaknowwhaddimean?!?! :D

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Also in other news I installed my hitch with the help of a friend the other night. *sigh* what a pain.
Still have to install my valve cover before OCC.

Automatics allow you to really relax when your driving her... ahem, sorry, driving him.
My question would be, Whats in the bag, you know, the one next to the lighter? ;)
Actually, I have a real question for you, about the air intake. I tried finding it on eBay and got lost in a world of stuff I know nothing about, yet. But I would really like to pick one up, seems like a nice small upgrade thats wallet/purse friendly. Any links or a directions to find one?

Thanks!
Devan

I believe that was a bag of sour cherry candy lol. I get hungry when I drive! I see now how that could be misleading...
But either way I'm not into that, got a career to look out for. No job = no mods (and I'll never move out)

As far as the intake goes I just did a quick search and can't find a single seller. And the non name brand one is listed for like $335. Which is insane and maybe a typo that should have read $35? The seller of mine was Insys-USA maybe you could try contacting them? I have my PayPal receipt and I spent $30 free shipping lol. I have the cone that came with my kit because I'm using a better one. If you want it...$5 plus shipping to you? You can buy the pipes fasteners and flanges at pep boys/ advanced but it was cheaper in a kit for $30. I'll check a little more for you in the morning.

Night all!

Thanks
I'll look into what the parts are and find a routing diagram for under the hood and see what I could come up with, I'll check out the company directly as well.
I was just teasing about the bag, it does look somewhat incriminating though :) I found that bumper guard for $15 at OCMAZDASPEED, never dealt with them but they seem pretty legit.
I like the idea of making a cold intake. I'll have to look into it and see if it would be worth creating a thread about how to do it. I love sites like this, gives inspiration and helps me appreciate the car, seeing fans of them talk constantly about them, love it.

So, your 1st intake was a cheapo model and now you have upgraded, can you tell a difference? Would you say it was worth any extra $ you put into it?
Thanks again HatchKitten (love that tag!)
Trying to think up one for my wife, she drives an '02 Toyata Rav4 silver. She has had it for a month, same amount of time I've had mine rig, and she has fallen in love with it.
Geepers I like to talk, bye.

Yeah I think that's where I got my bumper guard from too. And no I still have the same cheap intake. Never upgraded past the Insys one. Maybe one day. But for a third of the cost it was a no brainer for me.

I think I'm going to take up the challenge to just build one myself. Figure I have time, not a necessary upgrade right now.
How does the bumper guard go on? Easy install?

yup, just double sided tape that's already adhered to it lol, never moves. has never showed any signs of coming off and ive ha the car 2 years and go to car washes regularly (when I'm lazy or its cold lol) just make sure that one of the pipes has a nipple on it and the other has a hole with a plastic gasket around it. I'm not sure what those hoses / receivers are for BUT i'm almost positive you need them. And you have to have it in at least 2 pieces so you can hook the maf sensor inbetween. I know that much! :p

This might help as a reference...
fc9dcdef.jpg

Your a rock star!

I've already started dimensioning (is that a word?) under the hood. Going to try to throw something together in AutoCad and see what happens. I'll keep you posted if you want.

Back