Has Mazda stopped providing hardcopy service manual in its vehicles?

rtah7321

:
Mazda Cx5 2016.5 Touring
Bought a 2016 Cx5 a week ago.
After driving home I realized there was no hardcopy of the Owner's manual in the glovebox.

Is it just my car that is missing it or have automakers stopped providing them?

I have the pdf but prefer the hardcopy when I am in the car and need to refer to it for some reason in the open.

btw I did try to search for why it is not there but I end up getting results about manual transmission Cx5

Well, my 2016 CX-5 delivered in November came with a hard copy manual contained in a pouch with nav manual and various Warrenty information

You should have a folder/pouch with all the Quick Guide, Owner's Manual and warranty info come with the new car. In fact, the sales person should use these and go through all the features with you before the new car delivery. And there is a check list on the last page of Quick Guide the salesman should go through with you and tear it apart for keep. Go back to your dealer and demand for one.

But "Service Manual" is another story... ;)

I think you guys are confusing the "owners manual" with the service or workshop manual. Your car should come with an owners manual however.

Last edited:
Mine was in the glove-box as outlined. In addition I had 2 Mazda nice stainless steel key-chains, in sealed pouches with sticker having Japanese text. Also, as a separate insert there was a quick guide on navigation, XM radio stations blah-blah.

Mine was in the glove-box as outlined. In addition I had 2 Mazda nice stainless steel key-chains, in sealed pouches with sticker having Japanese text. Also, as a separate insert there was a quick guide on navigation, XM radio stations blah-blah.

Darn! I only got one key chain.

Darn! I only got one key chain.

Wait, What? You guys got key chains with your cars? I did not and tried to get the dealer to throw one in. I really wanted them to throw in the license plate fame key chain gift pack but they wouldn't. I hate my dealer!

My car did come with an owners manual in the sleeve and I got the tie down hooks thrown in. No service manual though, those don't come with the cars.

Doesn't CX5 2016 come with MAZDA license plate at the back by default? I got mine with Stainless Steel MAZDA license plate frame at the back by default. NJ stipulates front license plate, mine came with dealer's plastic frame which I removed promptly.

Someone at the dealer is stealing them and selling them on ebay lol ?!?!!?

Back