Has anyone tried this yet?

gen1pro

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6
I'm about to install my satellite radio and I wanted to know has anyone installed the antenna inside of the car on the rear deck. If so were you able to get good reception. Or for the people who have it on the trunk lid how did you go past the weatherstriping. Did you cut it?, go under it? or over it?

P.S. I also hear that the 2003.5 is pre-wired for satellite radio, what about the 2003.
Thanks in advance
Kwesi

Mine didn't work well on the rear deck because of the window tint. Something in the tint material messed with the reception. And I believe the '03's ARE pre-wired as well. Just look behind the panel over the rear right wheel well. The male end should be hanging out around there.

Do a search for sirius and antenna.

You'll get a bajesus of threads to look at. ALot of people have installed it each way.

(rockon)

I have mine on the package tray and have had no problems with it. I also have limo tint on my windows, so if there was a problem with reception I would know about it. Thus far I have had no problems and it has been on there for over a year.

gen1pro said:
P.S. I also hear that the 2003.5 is pre-wired for satellite radio, what about the 2003.
gen1pro said:
Thanks in advance
Kwesi

mspdfreak said:
And I believe the '03's ARE pre-wired as well. Just look behind the panel over the rear right wheel well. The male end should be hanging out around there.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I'll be doing my install this weekend and would like to know if it's already prewired.

I installed it one time inside the rear deck and i got bad reception everytime i went under freeways,trees, not to mention our nice houston rainy weather. Just mount it on the roof :). I mounted the receiver with velcro straps since i didn't want to make any holes with screws.

H-Town Speed : what kind of receiver did you get? or should i say kit?

my kit is KTC-SR903 receiver plus that terk antenna :)

Last edited:
i dont see how its prewired. the deal i saw says free antenna and tuner. but i guess i could be wrong. id like to know too. i see it like this though. if they put in the effort to mount a sirius tuner into the car...why the hell didnt they put the antenna? i say that its not pre wired but its SIRIUS Ready. big difference.

mines on the rear deck too. it cuts out every once and a while but its better than having that god awful antenna on the roof of my car, ruining those purdy mazda lines heh

They mean sirius ready, when you take out the headunit there is no connection going to a sirius receiver. There might be some misunderstanding? well the main thing is that as long you get it installed.

Back