Has Anyone Installed a Switch To Control The DRL's ?

:
Occupied Calif.
:
2019 CX 5 GT-R
I'm not a fan of DRL's and have read the thread regarding the method to disable them. However, I would like to install a rocker switch somewhere on the dash that would allow them to be turned on or off at will regardless of the status of the headlights or fog lights.
Has anyone done this and can offer some tips ?

You can disable the DRL's, then turn on your parking lights which will turn on the led halo around the headlights without the headlights turning on, but will also turn on your parking lights and tail lights.
This is only option for US spec 2017+ CX5 I know of so far to do what you want while the vehicle is moving.
I do this when it's overcast, turn everything on when it's raining, and leave everything off when it's sunny.

I'm not a fan of DRL's and have read the thread regarding the method to disable them. However, I would like to install a rocker switch somewhere on the dash that would allow them to be turned on or off at will regardless of the status of the headlights or fog lights.
Has anyone done this and can offer some tips ?

I'm curious. What's your objection to DRLs?

I'm curious. What's your objection to DRLs?

For me, I plan on keeping this CX5 in the family for maybe 7-8 more years and I just don't want to run the headlights full-time, all the time. I know Mazda probably has everything worked out on the lights, but this was the first year of these redesigned headlights and "just in case" we start to see premature failure, mine will have much less hours burned and I hopefully won't be out $2000. Either way, they should last longer than running them every hour the vehicle is moving. I do run the headlights/taillights anytime it's raining and the halos only with taillights when it's overcast.

I wish they had it set up like toyota/lexus. When set to auto the DRL will be on, when off everything is off. I currently just do the steps to turn it on or off. I just like to have full control of my lights.

Back