Has anyone gotten a door ding yet?

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
So far I haven't. But today I went to the store and when I came out, I saw that a car had parked on my driver's side. And they had backed in so their driver's side door would have opened towards my car. And it was parked pretty close to my car. My first thought as I walked to my car was "omg I hope they didn't open their door into my car". I looked and didn't see anything. I imagine that eventually I will get a ding.

Last edited:
So far I haven't. But today I went to the store and when I came out, I saw that a car had parked on my driver's side. And they had backed in so their driver's side door would have opened towards my car. And it was parked pretty close to my car. My first thought as I walked to my car was "omg I hope they didn't open their door into my car". I looked and didn't see anything. I imagine that eventually I will get a ding.

Death, taxes, and door dings.

An easier question would be, "has anyone NOT gotten a door ding". lol

We got one shortly after bringing her home. We were really lucky though and it was a shopping cart tgat hit the rear door. It left three small dings in a line. I had a PDR guy look at it but his tools were flexing the entire panel so only fix was to take it to a body shop.

I sold my 2007 3 GT when I bought my CX5 a few months ago and it did not have a single ding on it in 12 years. The guy that bought it couldn*t believe the condition.

Had one that PDR removed to the tune of $100.

Mine was $80

Still not perfect. Whoever did that, Im glad I didnt see it. It would have ended poorly for all.

58961576_10100165541721461_3672213346070822912_o.jpg

60226637_10100167574283191_410771930614857728_o.jpg

Here in the uk we got one when our 2019 was a week old....I wasn*t happy! Think that was a trolley in a supermarket car park.....anyhow a good friend in a local garage recommended a dent removal chap who came and fixed it for 60...took him about 3/4 hour and did it without removing the door card...all done via the window slot....and you can*t see where it was.

Probably a good job I didn*t see the person who did it as they wouldn*t be out of hospital yet....

I*ve been around long enough to know that they*re inevitable, but that first one is like a shot through the heart.

My 2013 has a couple of deep dents on the right rear wheel arch that you just know was from some idiot kid in the back seat recreating the storming of the beaches at Normandy on D-Day.

I*ve been around long enough to know that they*re inevitable, but that first one is like a shot through the heart.

My 2013 has a couple of deep dents on the right rear wheel arch that you just know was from some idiot kid in the back seat recreating the storming of the beaches at Normandy on D-Day.

Definitely!

Haven't got one yet, but I know it's inevitable.

I'm still in the "park at the end of the lot" mode.

In the UK at least, I can see those being stolen as they are magnetic and temporary plus they advertise "look I'm different come and investigate".:(

I took a look at the installation because I thought the exact same thing.

They have a security cable attached that goes into the car and the door slams closed on it.

Back