Guest Driver Alert / Teen Monitoring (Considering a 2021 or 2022 CX-5)

Hi, first time poster. Considering a 2021 or 2022 CX-5 in an upper trim level for my 16 year old as a first car. I found an online reference to a "Guest Driver Alert" that lets you program speed limits, curfews, and a Geofence outside of which the car sends an alert. What I can't find is any discussion about how well this feature actually works, and whether it is available on 2021 and newer CX-5s.

Does anyone have experience using this feature to track a teen? Are there any other good features on these cars to keep teen speeds and attention under control, like some of the nanny mode features from Ford, GM, or Volvo?

Thanks for any experience with these features or others you think useful.

I've never heard of this being available on a CX, as a matter of fact, I've never heard of this being on
ANY car. Cell phones, yes, cars, no.

Please share your info/link for this "Guest Driver Alert" that you've found.

I've never heard of this being available on a CX, as a matter of fact, I've never heard of this being on
ANY car. Cell phones, yes, cars, no.

Please share your info/link for this "Guest Driver Alert" that you've found.

Sure, see here, in the manual for using connected services. You click on using connected services, then using guest driver alert. I think this is the direct link to the chapter: https://www.mazdausa.com/static/manuals/mazda-connected-service/chapter4/section14.html

Sure, see here, in the manual for using connected services. You click on using connected services, then using guest driver alert. I think this is the direct link to the chapter: https://www.mazdausa.com/static/manuals/mazda-connected-service/chapter4/section14.html

Well, there you go. I had no idea that Mazda had included a nanny in their connected cars.

Remember, this only works on a 'connected' car. Are 21's and 22's connected? Dunno.

Thank goodness that the 2016.5's aren't connected!

I think Guest Driver Alert may be a feature that is only available on brand new models. It's available on the CX-70 for sure, as advertised here, but I'm not sure if it's available on the CX-90, or any of the other models.

This is not as integrated and your kid needs to install it on their phone but there’s an app called Life360 that will keep track the user’s car trips, speed, braking and phone usage. It can’t limit the vehicle’s speed, apply curfews or geofencing but if they know you have a way to monitor their activity they might be on their best behavior.

Back