2021 CX-5 Signature — Blind spot monitor only working intermittently

kardut

:
Virginia
:
'21 Sign. CX-5
Took my 2021 Sig CX-5 on a 500-mile road trip, and noticed about partway through that the passenger side BSM was only working intermittently. Wasn’t even detecting 18-wheelers. This was the whole system not working (ie, dashboard display as well as mirror alert). Never had a problem before; if anything, it was always too sensitive by detecting guardrails, etc. No debris or dirt on sensor. Still under warranty so will take it to the dealer, but just wondering if anyone has experienced this and/or if there’s a known TSB. Thank you!

There is an old thread that I started when I went from a 2016 to a 2020 as they changed the logic for BSM. It used to show a light anytime a vehicle was present but must have had complaints that there was room to change lanes but the light was on. It seemed to me that they shortened the length of the light detection and unless the vehicle was approaching they tend to ignore it. I can pass big trucks in the next lane and the light does not come on - my complaint was answered with "Working as designed"

Back