Gt5

NETC_Redd

:
2017 Volkswagen GLI
Who plays it?

My sn is redddesign. Have been playing since 8 this morning and most of the night last night, fun as hell.

I just picked this up today but wont really have time to dedicate to playing till thursday so ill have a crack at it then
2010-11-28_22-17-05_837.jpg

Its ok i didnt like it at first and there is still a few things that bother me about the game but im already half way done with it so mind as well finish it lol.....i bought a speed6(used car lot) and modded the hell out of it and its sitting at 549hp-489tq....and thats with every high end engine mod you can have lol.....hopefully i dont throw a rod ;) lol

ps my gamertag- mzrms6

I haven't picked it up yet. I'm hoping someone gets it for me for xmas.

Amanda and I bought ourselves a PS3 bundle for a house warming gift. It will come with GT5 and Medal of Honor. I already have a Logitech racing wheel that I used for GT4 on PS2 and NFS:Shift on PC. I'm not a big fan of Shift so I'm excited to play GT5 which will be a more realistic experience.

I've been tempted to sign up for one of the online Sim Racing sites but I don't play enough to make it worth the money.

I just bought a 2002 in the game. Phen you'd be proud. Bright fricking green, too.

Have yet to see the Mazda Cosmos in the used car lot, even though I raced against it a bunch.

Its ok i didnt like it at first and there is still a few things that bother me about the game but im already half way done with it so mind as well finish it lol.....i bought a speed6(used car lot) and modded the hell out of it and its sitting at 549hp-489tq....and thats with every high end engine mod you can have lol.....hopefully i dont throw a rod ;) lol

ps my gamertag- mzrms6

lol, lmk mods list, so i can follow suit IRL. :p

I just bought a 2002 in the game. Phen you'd be proud. Bright fricking green, too.

Have yet to see the Mazda Cosmos in the used car lot, even though I raced against it a bunch.

Freaking awesome!

lol, lmk mods list, so i can follow suit IRL. :p

Well cant right now at work but i have full everything you can stage 3 engine/stage 3 turbo/stage 3 weight reducion/intake/manifold/turbo back exhaust/dp/everything possible lol and its slammed....i have my spec b guy driving it and HE SUCKS lol taking sharp turns he breaks loose and crashes into a wall..i dont think he can handle the car yet lol

I'll look everyone up after the new year. I don't think I'm going to get a chance to hook everything up before then. Too much going on with moving into the new house.

I found some time to play a little last night. I'm at level 7 after completing the first two licenses. I completed the first beginner series with the Miata (bone stock) and completed the beginner and intermediate karting series. The karts are pretty fun. You mostly floor the gas but you have to be real smooth with the steering or the back will spin out.

As for the complaints about the game...
Menu system: Far superior to GT4 and NFS:Shift. Never played Forza.
Load times: I performed the full install. Music plays while things load so it wasn't too bad.
Collisions: Definitely could use some work. I have yet to see damage on any cars that I slam into.
AI: Hard to say just yet. They pretty much run the same course so if you run a race multiple times you learn what side of the track they are going to take. The license events where you have to make it to the front in one lap are tricky because some drivers will take the inside while others will take the outside. You have to learn through trial and error which side of the track to be on if you want to maintain speed. The AI drivers brake early and hard so drafting into a turn pretty much guarantees that you'll slam into them.
Racing: The feel of my Driving Force GT wheel is the best its ever been. Force feedback isn't intrusive but its realistic enough to give you a feel for the car. brake and gas pedal are soft but I'm wondering if they could be resprung for a heavier feel. Of course then they'd have to be anchored to something.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the game. There was a 600mb update last night I had to download. My guess is that the developers are listening and improving the game based on early reviews. I've already noticed a few improvements in the menu system. I know it isn't as realistic as iRacing but its good enough for me to have fun with for an hour or so here and there.

if you really can swing it and want to take the next step I would recommend the logitech g25 and a playseat. The wheel and pedals have a much better feel than anything i've used so far. As for the playseat it is like a real race seat bolted to a frame and you can mount the pedals in front of you where you would like them and don't worry about them moving around. Together they are a little expensive, but if you really want to have some serious fun it is well worth it

Back