Gt3071 vs 50 trim vs etc.

I would think with a GT35 you would hit full spool about the same time the rev limiter kicks in..................50 trim FTW. I also think that DBB are overpriced AND overrated. For a DD STREET turbo (read, not primarily for drag) this .48 over .63 seems very interesting. Before the loss of my SRT, I was getting ready to order another turbo. I was in a big debate with myself between the Stg 3 (no tuning) and the 50 trim (more power). Still don't know which one I would have ordered...........

ATP has stopped selling the gt3071 and 3076 on the ms3 for this exact reason and only offer them for the ms6 on their site.

ATP didn't unlist any turbo kits or upgrades for the ms3. they don't exist. any turbo that bolts to an ms6 can bolt to an ms3. unfortunately, the possibility of upgrading the ms3 to an ATP big turbo is still a big hurdle, because of the custom fabrication still needed for the downpipe, and what used to be the custom inlet as well. the inlet was released about a month ago, the dp is the hold back for any turbo setup on the ms3.

and I doubt that ATP 'stopped selling the gt3071 and 3076 on the ms3' because here is their dyno that they advertise on the ms3.

add_GT3071Rbolton_continue_multiplegearru.gif

Here is a dyno of the 50trim with the .48 back half that Im talking about. This is a stg3 setup with bolt ons in HIGH OCTANE MODE vs. the 50trim on 25psi stock motor. blue line is stg3 red is 50trim. This car made 410whp on 21psi PUMP GAS> This dyno graph both cars were on sunoco 110

newpix271.jpg

ps. This pull was done in 3rd gear. it actually comes on alot harder in 4th gear.

Last edited:
Again Driver I pretty much agree with you. The comment about the 35 is... Wow... First of my opinion on the 35R is it's a waste, if your going that big go T-4 or go home. No sense in running a 600+ turbo to only choke it up with a T-3 flange. The 35R is though a very nice race gas turbo, but again unless you want a Dyno Queen or are a hard core racer going that large is useless. The 35R doesn't even really shine on a Neon SRT-4 until a Standalone EMS + Built motor is used. You need not only that 7500RPM, but the VE of a built motor to push that turbo past 5200 RPM (case in point look at the nose dive the cars in Drivers dyno graph take post 5200RPM, which is basically the VE ledge on the stock Mopar 2.4L)

Bottom Line your setting yourself up for failure on anything larger then a 30R/50 Trim if you don't have the motor/RPM's to support it.

I'm a huge small turbo fan Driver, all my 11.4-11.5 1/4 mile passes wear on the Stage 3 (TD04-15G) Turbo @ 20 PSI with high timing and 25psi low timing. So I would totally go for the smaller AR on the turbine side. My GTK 650 only has a .68 AR on it's turbine size, thats small for a 700+ Turbo...

Can I interrupt this thread to say I just got back from the track with James. Nobodys gonna ever guess the times I ran.

James what is possible on our stock turbo if I got one up to you all... based on previous experiences? Im leaning towards that 50 though, after today especially.

Can I interrupt this thread to say I just got back from the track with James. Nobodys gonna ever guess the times I ran.

James what is possible on our stock turbo if I got one up to you all... based on previous experiences? Im leaning towards that 50 though, after today especially.

More insight please! (laugh)

More insight please! (laugh)

youre not even going to guess? oh well...It was the first time ever to the local 1/8th mile....The only thing I ran was back and forth from the snack barn to the staging area and to the stands to watch.

I was thinking Id run, but there were sustained winds of 45-50 mph and being a noob. I passed.... a bit out of my element the first time. I regretted it all the way home though.

I'll definitely run next time. I'll lose my virginity here and then down to Rockingham this summer... and the 1/4 there.

Ok... this post sucked. I admit it...lol Lets move on.

palerider, do you have a catless downpipe? if so how is that working out for you?

Corksport downpipe but a cat in the Vibrant back. I'll always run a cat. I personally dont feel like a DD should not run a cat.... on principle. But I wont judge others.

Your truely an ass hat. That's all I have to say.

If you guys keep this s*** up..... this thread is gonna be closed. And that will be ****** up, because I havent even told everybody ....what all I had to eat at the track today.

Bad juju. Lol. But agree with driver also. No sense in having a turbo that doesn't spool until redline.

Sorry, I should have elaborated a bit.........an SRT-4 motor as in internal strength, ease of power makeability and maintenance, and the american way. Mazda and thier stupid european direct injection crap. It doesn't even help freaking fuel mileage.............but it is a better overall car than the SRT. Just a bit lacking in the tuning dept.......as in PITA ECU and fuel system! I just wonder how the tranny is going to hold up on our little MS3. Someone put a big turbo on and blow the motor so we will all know a ballpark limit for this motor..............just kidding.............kind of..........

Back