grinding sound

Rism

:
2003 WRX
just today i noticed when i got my car back form the shop that when u first push the gas there is a grinding sound but then it stops. It only happends when u first hit the gas. i cant figure out what it is. It sounds like it from under the hood

Last edited:
zmepro said:
what mods do you have?

ya and what type transmission(auto, 5speed)...what does it sound like exactly and does it only last when u first start your car, or the entire time u drive it?

all i have is a ram air intake, auto tanny and it happends the entire time im driving, but only after i accelertae from a complete stop If im coasting then hit the gas it wont make the noise.

Its like a deep "grr grr grr" sound and i can feel the vibration from it on the gas pedal.

its the intake, what kind do u have and what is it bolted to? does the car feel like it wants to stall and the cars front end shutters bad?

Last edited:
No, doesnt sound like it wants to stall.

There is a harness connected to the engine. i checked all around the intake and its not rubbing anything. Except there is a little pipe near the intake pipe in the back, im not sure if its hitting that. the intake is tied down good, it hardly vibrates so i dont know

from the air flow sensor what did you bolt it too.. the battery platform? even if it doesnt move that much while u shake it, its different when you take off do to the sudden rush of air being sucked in. the reason that i think it is this is it happen to me, exactly what u are explaining only mine feels like it is going to stall because its a 5 speed.

mine was a b**** i had to move my coolant container because it was rubbing and create my own mounting bracket to keep it from shaking like a bastard.. it runs perfect......for now!

its bolted right here

newbracket2.jpg

This is the pipe im talking about. The intake pipe is relatively close to the thing circled in blue in the attached image

NOTE: These arent pics of my car

well if u mounted it in the same place it should be fine. i guess the only thing that i can think of is get some one to rev the car while u look to see what moves and even if u can pinpoint a sound. or u can try and hook your old air box up to see if it goes away.other than that i dont know...sorry man

Last edited:
Back