Got to see the new CX5 today - SHOULD HAVE WAITED...but I will NEVER BUY MAZDA AGAIN.

So you want Mazda to give you a loaner for free because you can't get TEXT to work?! For a life threatening issue like a gas pedal I would expect Toyota to give you one. Don't worry, the I-CAR will be out soon.

Never said that, you putting words where they shouldn't be. I just did a correlation of customer service...that all folks...

I have to admit, the new specs on the 2016 CX-5 are pretty cool, the LED headlights, the upgraded smart city braking plus the rear detection...
The infotainment, if the same as the newer Mazda3s seem to STILL have problems. Even the AUS reviewer that had the new 2016s had multiple Bluetooth audio dropouts and problems...

Well my Blackberry Z10 works just fine thank you.

in my CX5 however the Bluetooth in our equally new '13 Civic EXL Navi connection to our phones is hit or miss at best.

As for the sound from the factory radio - yep a set of after market speakers quickly fixed that - investment there <> $400 (Infinity and Kenwood Sub)- FAR less than upgrading two steps in model to get the Bose

this is our third Mazda (2 MX-5's (170,000 on an '04 and 198,000 on the '08 we still have that one and now the CX5 currently 70,000, my brother is on his second Mazda and old Percida 200,000+ and a '13 6 <> 50,000) not a single issue with any of them.
That is why I bought a 3rd and just might buy a 4th.

Radio - ? does it get FM, can i hook up my phone for ands free calling, USB ? Awesome - Thanks.
Ohh its touchscreen .... well ok whatever.
Blue colour - well that is good it is my favorite.

Frankly even with the questionable bluetooth in the Civic, that is my 3rd honda, my wifes second and we have well over 500,000km between them (yeah we drive way too much) Similar reliability so buy another honda .... yeah probably.
Might pass on the factory Navi though.

We both still think our Garmin's are just better.

and no my CX5 does not have factory Navi

I guess it is the Garmin's fault that i have a cracked windshield - there was a chip hiding behind the suction cup that has turned into a crack. I hope Garmin is reading this and settles my claim with them for a new windscreen because the mount that came with my GPS is what caused my windshield to develop a 2.5' long crack.

LOL

Same s***, different day. I think I've heard the "I WILL NEVER BUY MAZDA EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!" for something so mindbogglingly ridiculous that the only reasonable answer is that they'll never be happy with anything.

Same s***, different day. I think I've heard the "I WILL NEVER BUY MAZDA EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!" for something so mindbogglingly ridiculous that the only reasonable answer is that they'll never be happy with anything.

I could understand if the engine blew, up while waiting at a stop light, and the driver was injured in the explosion. My radio doesn't work worth a damn. I didn't buy a car to have it read a text msg to me.

Well said!

Toyota does have good customer service but that didn't help me when the frame on my Tundra rotted away. I could put my finger through the frame but they said it wasn't in a critical spot. Still it was 11 years old and the best truck I ever drove. I have 42500 miles on my CX5 and it has been great and fun to drive.

I don't care about text and voice stuff either. Even an aftermarket Kenwood unit, does not work with text, or voice. At least, not the 2012 models with Samsung Note3.

OK, before I was in sales, I was a high school teacher for about 15 years.

SOME PEOPLE DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT F'N READ. I can always tell if a student would make it or not at the end of the year. They did not read.

I base things on principle, not the matter of the issue. Mazda has a total disregard for it customers, not the vehicle, and we wont help. Thank is why I would not buy another Mazda. It's the car maker, not the F'N car.

Find a car company or any other corporation that doesn't disregard customers....I don't understand how it's shocking to you.

By your logic, or principles, you wouldn't buy from anyone who wasn't a mom and pop shop. It may be unfortunate, but it's a reality.

I agree with you, Joe. I deal with two dealers here - Mercedes Benz and Mazda. Both have been excellent so far. Some of the other dealerships close to me are really bad, and, I avoid them - one of the worst being a little Mom and Pop dealer. I made the mistake of buying a new car off them. Trying to do some warranty work on my car, they made a total mess out of the vehicle. I had a confrontation with their service manager, and, called the 1-800 factory number and filed a formal complaint on them. A factory rep looked at my car, and, agreed with me. He had me take it to a different dealership, and, they finally fixed it correctly.

Regards:
Oldengineer

SOME PEOPLE DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT F'N READ. I can always tell if a student would make it or not at the end of the year. They did not read.

I base things on principle, not the matter of the issue. Mazda has a total disregard for it customers, not the vehicle, and we wont help. Thank is why I would not buy another Mazda. It's the car maker, not the F'N car.

Going back to YOUR ORIGINAL POST...everything here is YOUR PERSONAL OPINION...you choose to think of the infotainment system as "inferior"...but you choose to use an inferior smartphone...the iPhone. Guess what...my opinion on the phone...(as accurate as it is...)...

So you choose to attack Mazda, because of YOUR choice of SMARTPHONE...and their reluctance to yield to making it work with your specific phone with a specific OS...while others have their phones work fine...

That's fine...your opinion...again. But then you choose to attack others on this forum...a forum that is FOR/FROM/ABOUT Mazda users...and attack the company and the car...and then are surprised when people are agitated...you know what they call that right?

A troll...

sorry, but it is the basic urban dictionary definition of a internet forum troll...

dem that facts...

you know, besides the facts of the infotainment system being below average...

I understand your upset about the customer service more than anything, but I don't understand what you expect them to do that would make you happy. Again, in my experience I've had no issues with Mazda customer service, and I have with Subaru, and I don't seem to see a lot of complaints here about their customer service. You say your problem is their customer service, but it seems to only pertain to their infotainment system. I don't know if the whole system is engineered by them, but I'm guessing there's a third party involved in putting together the infotainment system. With all the negative feedback they're getting I would not be surprised if they've pushed that third party to correct some of the issues and have not been able to get help from them. I could be very wrong about this, but not sure it is under their control at all. As NorCal mentioned it is a probem with YOUR phone model only (yes iPhones make up a huge percentage of cell phones on the market so it should be addressed if possible) and I don't think there are any problems with the tuner, or CD player or backup cam that I've heard of. As I mentioned previously, in my experience I've compared it to Jeep Cherokee, Ford Mustang, Mercedes C300 and Cadillac ATS and with my phone I prefer the infotainment in mine (let's not talk sound quality which I changed all speakers and added an amp because I thought it was really really bad).

In the end, just wondering what you would have Mazda do to stop you from jumping ship? Do you want them to do something completely unreasonable and design a whole new system for you and come personally install it in your car? Is it just that you feel they're giving you attitude when talking to you and are treating you with disrespect? If this is the case then I can understand your feelings and when a company rubs you the wrong way I have no issue with you complaining about it and that's a big advantage of the internet. If, however, you just think they should fix the issue then it really isn't a customer service issue because I'm sure if it was a simple fix they would, but more than likely there's nothing they can do without a big overhaul that just wouldn't make sense. Maybe I'm naive and all they need to do is invest 10k and just update the firmware for everyone, but I have to believe if it were that simple they would do it. It's not like there's only 3 or 4 people complaining, there's a lot, so I'd be very surprised if it were easy to fix.

Going back to YOUR ORIGINAL POST...everything here is YOUR PERSONAL OPINION...you choose to think of the infotainment system as "inferior"...but you choose to use an inferior smartphone...the iPhone. Guess what...my opinion on the phone...(as accurate as it is...)...

I love my iPhone :)

Unclear logic, double negatives, run on sentences, profanity...just based on your posts, were you teacher of the year?

I think Mazda is treating it's current CX5 owner with the crappiest Infotainment known to the auto industry. I got to go to the North American Auto show today.

What I really think I got my 2015 Model is a 2014 with a newer date on my tags. The 2016 is what they should have put out in the first place.

I called Mazda today to express my voice. The 2015 and earlier model will NEVER get TXT to work OK and the current system I think will be shut out of future updates due to the newer system.

THE FOR SALE SIGN goes up. I think I am headed back to HONDA. Their HondaLink is AWESOME. Why, it updates on it's own, no dealer involved to get the latest and greatest. It works to.

PS. I plan on filling a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising.

If the CX-5 system is anything like the 2014 Mazda3 system I agree completely. I would have never made the purchase had I know how buggy this POS is. I get that it's a small part of the overall car... BUT it was one of the items that was important in my decision. And what's crazy is that they can't seem to get it right. I've driven BMW, Mercedes and Dodge and their systems were all great compared to this.

I hate mine.
Stupid thing wont last more than 6 hours - and its my work phone.
junk
just junk

glad it was free.
Lol. My work phone is free as well. Iphone 6 battery last a full day of talking. If it's that bad, and it was free, ask for a new one. I would in a heartbeat. If your stuck with an iPhone get the 6 as the baterry life is far superior to the earlier models.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my iPhone :)

Me too. Android apologists gotta hate though. Expect no less from folks who feel cheated by the salesman at Verizon. He got his spiff. Lots of residual resentment. Always sad to hear Windoze fone defenders jump in. They were laughing at Apple in '97. Hard to justify a product that never got more traction in the market than the dying Blackberry.

My dash rattles - but only when it's colder than 35 degrees. The way too expensive Bose doesn't sound as good as it should - weird to hear most of the sound coming from the center speaker. Mazda SHOULD be able to update improvements to their head unit. I'm mad that they don't. But after watching CNet's CarTech podcast for years now I can tell you that they think most manufacturers infotainment systems suck.

There are plenty of bad engineers out there, with complicated interfaces that are inelegant, and busy, and contradictory. Some work at VW, Lexus, or Toyota. Others cranked out Honeycomb, KitKat, and Lollipop.

Back