Got: Brembo Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors today

Protege52003

Contributor
:
'08 Jetta; '10 Wrangler Unlimited
Got my Brembo Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors today from Irish22.

Thanks Irish.......wish I could take pics but I am out a camera now......

Install in a couple weeks probably when i get new rear pads.....

-Ryan

xxmikkoxx said:
Good stuff, pics lol! are they larger then the stock ones?

same size........camera is out of service now and in best buy's hands.
might install next sunday......will let you if you want to come over.

thanks bill.....how is the new place????

-R

air tools? damn you serious about taking off them little bitty bolts eh? lol

but awesome about the rotors, where did you get them from?

Minus said:

I have a thing against bolts....

Anyways, getting the rotor free requires a few larger bolts being removed....and they are ALWAYS stuck. A brake job is what pushed me into airtool ownership, stupid carrier bolts.

RXMmazdaspeed said:

my camera has been busted and bestbuy has it.....it got a little wet while i was kayaking a couple weeks ago with cbcbd.....

but awesome about the rotors, where did you get them from?

got them from Irish22......

If you need a hand installing them swing by, I'll warm up the air tools.

hey Ed,

yeah, i will be home sunday morning probably working on them by late morning/afternoon. was going to go home to the rents house to use their driveway. i have had the calpiers off soooo many times and the bolts are no problem. the only hard thing will be pulling the rotors off.....they are probably pretty binded on!!!!!

-R

Protege52003 said:
hey Ed,

yeah, i will be home sunday morning probably working on them by late morning/afternoon. was going to go home to the rents house to use their driveway. i have had the calpiers off soooo many times and the bolts are no problem. the only hard thing will be pulling the rotors off.....they are probably pretty binded on!!!!!

-R

You are free to use my garage if you want, not sure how close your parents are. I have yet to see a car that those carrier bolts were not siezed on. I'll just be hanging out all day.....may as well do something productive. Heh, I'll get you out for a ride on the Turbo bike.

Call Astral over, he's a pro at doing them now!

Last edited:
Sirkbac said:
I have a thing against bolts....

Anyways, getting the rotor free requires a few larger bolts being removed....and they are ALWAYS stuck. A brake job is what pushed me into airtool ownership, stupid carrier bolts.

haha word to comment about the carrier bolts.

Minus said:
haha word to comment about the carrier bolts.

i talked about this with sirbac last week and i have worked on three protege's and never had any trouble removing them????

think i am going to work on them saturday weather permitting!

party at my place.......

-R

I'll see how my weekend looks. It's the one weekend a month I have off with the girlfriend so she tends to rule it with an iron fist...albeit a tiny iron fist.

maybe mine were just a b****. i donno, maybe im weak. who knows. they came off hella easy with a 1/2 rachet as opposed to a 3/8 thats about all i remember about that

planning on tomorrow morning if i am not asked to come into work for overtime and if it is not rainning......

Back