Going Price for an MP3? + Which to get?

yashart_mp3 said:
Having both an MP3 and MSP, i would say the MP3 is more fun to drive. The MP3 has a better steering rack (turning/ handling is a lot more responsive) Yes, it does lack the power of the MSP, but right out the box its a better car. There is no hesitation or jerking. The MP3 pulls all the way to redline and asks for more. When i push it in my MSP, im scared something is going to brake.

All of this is just my opinion. With mods, the msp is a blast to drive. But stock for stock, the MP3 gets my vote. Plus, the MP3 is a rarer species lol :)

--Edit, the MP3 with an intake, Lightweight crank pulley, header, and j-spec cam intake cam would really bring the car to life. My first mod however, would be a grounding it. I swear by it (as do many others) because it improved my gas milage, idled better, and made the engine feel "smoother" if that makes anysense.

The MP3 is a way better ride....we have both.....and agree 100%

I own an mp3 and love it. bought mine for 10k 2 years ago and the only problem i've had is a faulty coil. The extra 30 horses in the msp is attractive, but they get bought by kids who use them up and generally treat them poorly. Therefore it may be easier to find an mp3 in good condition than the msp.

FI_FSDE said:
I found an MP3 with 41,107 miles, the asking price is $10,990. From the pictures I've seems its fairly good condition. But it does have a couple of long scratches on the back bumper. What should I offer?
1524135108.jpg

1524135107.jpg

1524135105.jpg

1524135103.jpg
Bump. It's such a good looking car...(rockon) So, any pdates. Did you end up getting one?

My 01 protoge is finally up for sale -- but i'm waitin for my friend to take some pics of it (he is an awesome pic taker) so i can't post in the FS thread yet. But feeler is 56k Miles front bumper has 2 moderate scratches, sub is still in the car. Car has a CAI which was installed when i bought the car. Haven't had any engine problems. New tires, brakes and rotors. Custom tail lights and grill. Slight-Moderate curb damage on the passanger side rims driver side are close to mint. Asking $$ - 8k neg.

Reason for Sale. Bought a 07 WRX =] which i just passed the break in (woot woot) haha. So yea that's my feeler. (yes)

I am selling my MP3 -- currently 32K and it has been stored (obviously!) during the winter. Never had an accident and the only problem that I have with it is the sway bar noise. I bought it with some road rash on the rims. I live in Wisconsin so if anyone is interested. The only thing I have done to it is change the intake and tint, otherwise all stock and I have all the stock parts for the intake. I am looking to get 10 - 10.5 for it.

krich said:
I am selling my MP3 -- currently 32K and it has been stored (obviously!) during the winter. Never had an accident and the only problem that I have with it is the sway bar noise. I bought it with some road rash on the rims. I live in Wisconsin so if anyone is interested. The only thing I have done to it is change the intake and tint, otherwise all stock and I have all the stock parts for the intake. I am looking to get 10 - 10.5 for it.

I live in St Louis and just 2 weeks ago bought an mp3 for 7700. perfect condition with only 64000 miles.

amair001 said:
I live in St Louis and just 2 weeks ago bought an mp3 for 7700. perfect condition with only 64000 miles.

yea someone wants me to hold mine for about a week now he's gonna give me 8k mine has 56k miles =] i hope he doesn't back out

I just got mine back in Jan w/ 56k miles for 8100, and it had some damage. So depending on what cond your car is in, this guy is gettin a steal.

i'm strongly considering selling mine.

vivid yellow
85Kish
mods:
fiber images oem CF hood w/ sides painted yellow
MSP kenwood w/ sirius
daveb brushed guage rings
b&m short throw w/ kartboy knob (black with yellow karyboy logo)
AWR front MM (a/t) i've got the rear, just hasn't been installed
injen CAI
obx 4-1 header
catless side-exit exhaust (porsche tip...don't remember what model)
twilight n/a cams (Pulls HARD over 4K)
1.8L coils
unorthodox racing UDP
eibach sportlines springs
enkei rpm2 wheels
kartboy shifter bushing

i think that's it. i don't drive it very much and i'm picking-up a spicy tomorrow...so it REALLY won't get driven that much. my wife and i work for the same company so we carpool (it's only 6 miles to work)...and her car has a dvd player for the little one.

KaiserDragon said:
yea someone wants me to hold mine for about a week now he's gonna give me 8k mine has 56k miles =] i hope he doesn't back out
If he backs out, I could consider buying it

I found an mp3 yellow with 76,407 miles. The asking price is $10,995. Is that a good price?

Are you looking at a dealer? Even still those prices are on the high side. I'd take Topher's yellow MP3 if I were you. I almost bought it a while back, but preferred the blue over the yellow. He's asking for a very good price

Yeah both are from a dealer. Barely anyone sells private in the chicago area anymore

Im thinking about selling my msp or trading it in for a TSX. Getting tired of the turbo thing, so if you are in the area you may find it at the acura dealer.

(humpleg) Try finding any msp or mp3 in Oregon when you do you will pay an arm and leg. My MP3 7k miles yes 7000 payed 12k

amair001 said:

my car had half the miles so i sold it for a little more than what you paid... have fun with your MP3

i'll also sell the spicy msp...13200...46K miles...completely stock...adult owned...so it has been WELL taken care of...i have all reciepts for maintenance.

Back