GI CR3 Motorsports Turbo Manifold/ 3" downpipe combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have a flange being made, should be done in a few weeks. That will get sent off to be fabricated. =)

Got a few things covered so far.

Top Mount style
Vband WG (open dump)
T3 flange
No EGR port

Downpipe will be Vband
3.5" Downpipe (Modular)
2-3 o2 sensor bungs

Let me know what you guys think.

Just a quick note. In south florida a open dump is illegal. So if someone wants your combo here, it has to dump back into the DP

Florida doesnt test for emissions.

Illegal is a sick bird.
True about emissions, but if the local sheriff (Broward) or city cops pull you over and inspects the car = heavy fine. This is just for info for those who want this combo in SFLA

not if he gives people the t2 flange option then it would just change the orientation. But the ic pipes/ intake would still need major reworking.

Signature has always been about personal customization. Just like his other products, I bet he comes out with a way to make this more adaptable than you guys think.

Unless theirs a cat in there the second o2 is useless and completely pointless. Might as well have only one and do away with the second.

The setup he planning on making is not going to work with my parts, I will end up having to swap out the turbo and wastegate. At that point I could go with the Speed Circuit turbo kit, since I have to swap everything. Maybe it's just me but I would like to work with some of the existing turbo kit that I have. I know it won't be a 3" but I'm not a fan of open dump, and if I have to swap everything then I will just go with Speed Circuit or just stay the way I am.

Last edited:
Right now its looking pretty solid that this manifold/dp will NOT be a stock replacement. This will be for people wanting bigger turbos with the T3 flange. We can also sell the turbos as well. =) So if anyone was interested we could do a manifold, turbo, ext wg, downpipe combo as well.

Im sure once we have everything set up, we can make changes and see what we need to do to maybe fit in a T2 flange, and what ever else could be an option.

Id be interested in a stock location mani t2 fflanged with ewg.. I already have a 3" dp on my car with AC. If you guys decide on going the route I am looking for please PM me.

The setup he planning on making is not going to work with my parts, I will end up having to swap out the turbo and wastegate. At that point I could go with the Speed Circuit turbo kit, since I have to swap everything. Maybe it's just me but I would like to work with some of the existing turbo kit that I have. I know it won't be a 3" but I'm not a fan of open dump, and if I have to swap everything then I will just go with Speed Circuit or just stay the way I am.

If you go with the Speed Circuit "kit" you will be buying some parts you have already so your point is mute. There will be things offered in Signatures kit that will make you want to sell everything you have anyway. For example ceramic coated turbine housing, heat dissipating coated compressor housing, ceramic coated manifold, full flowing gasket matched components that actually line up with each other (even the steedspeed did not offer this). The design is going to be unmatched with things that dont get seen, but will GREATLY enhance performance. For anyone that doesnt know, Signature was banned from this site for calling out those that are trying to sell over priced crap to unsuspecting consumers. The so called kit builders out there just offering parts thrown together in a box dont really care as much about performnce as they do fattening their pockets.

When you have a complete kit already on the car and want a 3" DP with EWG that is routes back into th exhaust, why would you buy a DP that you will have to replace the turbo and turns into an open dump. Most people have done alot to get their setup done the way they want and are looking to get something that is not going to have alot of down time and more cost for a 3" DP.

When you have a complete kit already on the car and want a 3" DP with EWG that is routes back into th exhaust, why would you buy a DP that you will have to replace the turbo and turns into an open dump. Most people have done alot to get their setup done the way they want and are looking to get something that is not going to have alot of down time and more cost for a 3" DP.

"most people" or just you? I dont see anyone else on here saying the same thing you are. You might want to hit up Pope or something? This Signature/ CR3 kit is going to be unlike anything else that has been produced for the Protege. If you are looking for standard or NON performance, then you might want to shop around like eBay or something. Custom anything is hard to come by for this car, and this is one of the biggest reasons... people are all about the cheap. If all that is standing in your way of a good quality kit is having to replace your DP, then this might not be the kit for you. You may want to look at individual components or something. Majority will rule here, but at the same time (as stated before) Signature is all about custom and I am certain he is going to make some things available to those that need a one-off product. Become a customer of his once and see how willing he is to bend over backwards for you. Same with Cres... nobody offers better support.

"most people" or just you? I dont see anyone else on here saying the same thing you are. You might want to hit up Pope or something? This Signature/ CR3 kit is going to be unlike anything else that has been produced for the Protege. If you are looking for standard or NON performance, then you might want to shop around like eBay or something. Custom anything is hard to come by for this car, and this is one of the biggest reasons... people are all about the cheap. If all that is standing in your way of a good quality kit is having to replace your DP, then this might not be the kit for you. You may want to look at individual components or something. Majority will rule here, but at the same time (as stated before) Signature is all about custom and I am certain he is going to make some things available to those that need a one-off product. Become a customer of his once and see how willing he is to bend over backwards for you. Same with Cres... nobody offers better support.
Look thru the thread thier are 3 or 4 people asking for the same thing, when this thread was started it stated dp and manifold. If I wanted cheap then I wouldnt be asking for the options I would like, I'm just not looking to change everything out. Its becoming more off topic if their is an option with what I'm looking for then I will be posting up if not I will not be responding to anymore post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back