GHL Motorsports True Turboback Pictures

As far as the clunking in the rear, if you look under the car on the passenger side, in front of the rear tire, see if the piping is hitting the fuel tank if so just needs a little adjusting.....

alright thanks allot ill have the shop take a look at it tommorow....sucks its soo cold i hit fuel cut every two seconds so i didnt get to test the performance gains yet...

Damn, I was hoping it wouldn't have this problem. I'm planning on doing the install on Friday since I haven't had any time this week to get it done. Short throw shifter, DO, and rear motor mount all going in this week. I can't wait because my car has been running really bad and I've been embarassed to drive people around.

sXe said:
With the use of a lift it took my father and I (both average car people) seven hours to completely do (including time to drain the radiator....which took like 30 mins)... the top intercooler pipe took around 20 mins to get off because it was around 30degrees and I didn't think to take it off while it was still warm... and the spipe took me an hour to get off... so if you did everything straight through without delay then it shouldn't take very long at all to do

about how long it took me with basic hand tools and trips to the store to get distilled water for the radiator.

j12rock31 said:
As far as the clunking in the rear, if you look under the car on the passenger side, in front of the rear tire, see if the piping is hitting the fuel tank if so just needs a little adjusting.....

mine has been clunking as well, but only over hard bumps.... I need to check that

and today I finally got to take her out on a clear road... and my ass dyno says she picks up a lot quicker

too bad I had to feel those affects while on the way to the dealership for warranty work

Took her back to the shop today and they said they're going to put another rubber hanger on there to stiffen up the movement a little bit and re-adjust the positioning. They said s*** like this happens on all aftermarket exhuasts. Its pretty damn annoying though....good thing this thing came with a load system..

The good news is, under WOT i can spin through first and chirp in second with my snow tires which i couldnt do before and the power band is wider, spools faster, its great. I also noticed my temp gauge sat slightly lower, could this be because the turbo has less stress on it now?

sniper9 said:
I also noticed my temp gauge sat slightly lower, could this be because the turbo has less stress on it now?
I actually have no idea, but here's a theory I just pulled out of my ass. Less backpressure in your exhaust manifold and turbine is leading to cooler temps(ideal gas law). Or maybe the hot gas is now able to exit faster, so it is spending less time in contact with engine parts, leading to less heating.
(stash)

anybody got a place to host my dyno sheets for the exhaust? I'd attach it but I keep getting a msg saying the files are too big.

maybe tinypic .com??? my sig is hosted there.... i dont know if they have a size limit... or we-todd-did-racing.com

goku4658 said:
anybody got a place to host my dyno sheets for the exhaust? I'd attach it but I keep getting a msg saying the files are too big.
How big are they? Can you convert them to jpg? That should make them small enough.

Try this site for a host:
http://www.imageshack.us/

Up to one meg per picture, you can put as many pics as you want on there too. :D

Can't wait to see the sheets. My downpipe is coming in the next day or so (rockon)

goku4658 said:
So what's the news man, I'm really interested in seeing the sheets.

My downpipe is scheduled to arrive today. (yippy)

Are people using replacement gaskets for the turbo to s-ppipe connection, or just re-using the stock ones?

This forum got so dead all the sudden...

my car only had 10k miles and a brand new turbo so i reused mine. id say, look at it and use ur best jusdgement.

peepsalot said:
Are people using replacement gaskets for the turbo to s-ppipe connection, or just re-using the stock ones?

This forum got so dead all the sudden...
I got new gaskets for between the mani and turbo and for in between the turbo and s-pipe...just to be safe. I figure if you're spending all this money and time anyway, might as well play it safe and spend the extra $15 bucks on gaskets.

-Jon

Guess what....while browsing through www.**********.com I found out that everyone's favorite vendor now has the GHL Exhaust for sale!

http://www.**********.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SU&Category_Code=MSPEXT

Enjoy!

-Ryan

Back