GD, I'm hooked baby!

122 Vega said:
Take advantage of every run, even if you miss a gate, just go for it. A good idea too is to turn your rear view mirror up towards the ceiling so you don't look back at the cones you hit.

Glad you had fun!

Britt

That is what the passenger told me when I went off course. Keep going and take advantage of the run.

Fortunately, I did not have to worry about looking back at any cones as I had 7 clean runs in all (2 off course, 1 fun run). At this point I am so paranoid about missing gates that I don't spend any time looking in the rear view mirror...LOL.

R

aMaff said:
heh, yeah. Getting a +2 is always better than a DNF

might as well be a dnf...imo, unless there is some REALLY screwed up course design where it is more than 4 seconds faster to kill those two cones. :D

well...at least you get a time. And I"ve heard of cources where taking out a cone meant a faster time than going around it...

That will normally happen in "chicago boxes", but most places will put at least 2-3 cones in the middle to keep people from taking the penalty on purpose.

At the National Tour in 2000 we (well the Vettes figured it out first) that one slalom cone put towards the finish (which was meant to slow you down) was worth the +2 because if you just plowed it you could actually make up time with the penalty. Everone was hitting this poor cone at 80+mph. There was a couse change the nest day.

britt

122 Vega said:
At the National Tour in 2000 we (well the Vettes figured it out first) that one slalom cone put towards the finish (which was meant to slow you down) was worth the +2 because if you just plowed it you could actually make up time with the penalty. Everone was hitting this poor cone at 80+mph. There was a couse change the nest day.

britt

There was a few places on the course like that, but the organizers foresaw that this might be an issue so they placed double cones in these spots and warned us ahead of time that knocking the doubles over would disqualify your run.

R

Back