Fun at 45 MPH.

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
I just got back yesterday from a 3,000 mile trip. As part of the trip I drove the entire length (496 miles) of the Blue Ridge Parkway from south to north. What a blast that road is. The road itself is in great shape and very well maintained because it is part of the National Park system. In addition, the wasn't very crowded at all and there are hundreds of "overlooks" to stop and take in the spectacular views. The speed limit is 45 mph (or less in some spots) but there are enough twists, turns, uphills and downhills to make for a very enjoyable and entertaining drive. It really put the CX-5 to the handling test and I am happy to report that it did very, very well. The plus side of the speed limit is that I got 33 mpg while having fun on twisty roads!

In case anyone is interested, I put up a short video clip from my dashcam showing what the drive is like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44yqus0RmdQ

Road trip!

I just got back yesterday from a 3,000 mile trip. As part of the trip I drove the entire length (496 miles) of the Blue Ridge Parkway from south to north. What a blast that road is. The road itself is in great shape and very well maintained because it is part of the National Park system. In addition, the wasn't very crowded at all and there are hundreds of "overlooks" to stop and take in the spectacular views. The speed limit is 45 mph (or less in some spots) but there are enough twists, turns, uphills and downhills to make for a very enjoyable and entertaining drive. It really put the CX-5 to the handling test and I am happy to report that it did very, very well. The plus side of the speed limit is that I got 33 mpg while having fun on twisty roads!

In case anyone is interested, I put up a short video clip from my dashcam showing what the drive is like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44yqus0RmdQ

I know EXACTLY what you experienced!! Love, love, love this car. ROAD TRIP!!(drive2)

Attachments

• Road Trip!.JPG
    Road Trip!.JPG
    676 KB · Views: 152
Nothing wrong with that. Have done the same, but not that far. If a person can get into a mind-set, that you don't have to get from A to B as fast as possible, it makes for a nice relaxing drive.

Back