Fuel Brands

Almost always Marathon until recently. Two local stations converted to Shell (one was a Sunoco, the other a Country Mark). One station manger told me they had to do a complete system clean-out at the switch-over so I'm giving Shell a try. Same cost for either. It's almost hard to find a non Top Tier station near me except for some truck stops.

Last 2 fillups have been at BP which has been 15 cents or more less than Marathon.

There are a few non-Top Tier gas locations around here, including Kroger gas. I use Kroger premium 93 octane in my Integra, because that's the cheapest premium gas, and the car has 360K+ miles and I don't care to search or pay more for anything else.

They all failed under warranty SO FAR as those 2016 and 2016.5 GT with Tech LED Signatute DRLs only exist in these MYs, and they all mostly likely still under warranty. Not until we see the failure stops popping up, we don't know if this failure will keep happening or not, even after warranty for those all have expired. Only time will tell.

If all the bad ones fail under warranty, that's great! I fail to believe this is normal.

Last edited:
Back