2019 CX-5 Signature - Harsh Ride?

Tires have 35 PSI all around, where they're supposed to be. Their wear pattern shows somewhat over-inflated as the CX-5 was used in So Cal, desert inland area. Also shows out of alignment as well.

We're leaning towards keeping CX-5, since everything else looks and feels great. For longer drives, we'll put one of these seat cushions. The weather around here is pretty mild, cool summer and not very cold winter, not using seat warmers and coolers much. CX-5 has pretty good headroom, still leaves us enough headroom even with 2 inch cushion. Going to 17" wheels will make a bit better but 19" wheels look much cooler.

View attachment 304768

Have you tried seat adjustment according to the manual yet?

Tires have 35 PSI all around, where they're supposed to be. Their wear pattern shows somewhat over-inflated as the CX-5 was used in So Cal, desert inland area. Also shows out of alignment as well.

We're leaning towards keeping CX-5, since everything else looks and feels

If the wear pattern shows over-inflation running them under inflated for a while shouldn't hurt, especially if you are going to replace them anyway.

I like to keep mine fully inflated, but with temperature changes I sometimes need to adjust the air pressure

There have been a few instances of seat comfort improving after following the seat adjustment procedure in the owner's manual. It certainly won't solve everyone's problems, but it doesn't hurt to try, and it may make the seat comfortable enough to sit in for longer periods of time (for those who are having issues with the seats in the first place, at least).

Yes, I did adjust seat following the OM. My discomfort mainly comes from side bolsters. After two hours of drive, thighs rubbed by bolsters to the point of pain.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it seems that the cushion will have to do for now. Hopefully it can tide you over until the CX-50 is available, then you can re-evaluate.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it seems that the cushion will have to do for now. Hopefully it can tide you over until the CX-50 is available, then you can re-evaluate.
More comfortable and supportive seats are apparently among the upgrades for the 2022 CX-5 too.

Back