FS: DaveB Ring Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
yudkib Your AMM Status expired weeks ago and you never responded to my PM:

"...Please let me know how you would like to proceed ASAP as your AMM Status has technically expired!"

yudkib Please PM me ASAP or I will have to remove your AMM Status as well as this thread. Thread Closed.

Thread Opened.

yudkib I appreciate your prompt response this time. Your AMM Status will be removed but this thread will remain open as a place to resolve any Customer / Product issues for the time being.

Updates on this? If you are going to take people's money and then not deliver on a product without a million excuses as to why they are not done yet, then you should at least reply when someoene asks you for an update!

Updates on this? If you are going to take people's money and then not deliver on a product without a million excuses as to why they are not done yet, then you should at least reply when someoene asks you for an update!

pretty sure they're all gone for now, the sign up link on the op is dead

I agree, no offense but for 50 bucks (which isn't chump change) I got two fitting rings, but for a little more money I could just have gotten Dave B's and been done with it..

sorry - the forum hasnt been hilighting threads with new posts for me so its not easy for me to tell whats going on. dont know why, but i just updated to an email subscription on this thread so it doesnt happen again.

theres really only one excuse - i moved and cant get to the machines. im still doing absolutely everything i can to get something for you guys, but im not going to call the guy at the shop every day and piss him off. then theres no way anything will show up.

hes loaded my programs and has made a couple of the big rings. apparently it isnt going as smoothly as the smaller ones were, and we're trying to figure out why. i wont bore you with the details but rest assured you havent been forgotten about. and honestly - if i was employed, i would have already given refunds to the two people who are still hanging on to this. my car should be sold soon, if i can get my hands on some of the cash (long, convoluted story there too) ill kick out refunds to those two and will post on here again when i have completed sets in-hand. its ridiculous, im sorry, a million times, but im seriously dead ******* broke, and have been for a long time.

just an update:
everyone who has not received rings they had paid for has been refunded in full. i am extremely sorry and embarrassed that this turned into such a fiasco, but i did not anticipate the issues i have run into with doing this remotely. also, much of the money used from the previous group order had been used to purchase stock to try to correct the big ring for people who had already paid, so simply clicking refund was not an option. add in that i am unemployed, and that makes for a real recipe for disaster when i owe people money.

i am still working with the TA, and my refund does not mean that i am abandoning everyone else. i am still working with the TA during his limited availability, but we have run into issues that he couldnt explain to me very well, things he did wrong, things i did wrong... its much easier to command a project when you are the one operating it.
I THINK he has code that will FINALLY work for all the rings, which means i should be getting a few sets in for people to purchase (no more preorders), and i should have big rings for those who did not get the proper fit from the first batch. when this will happen, obviously, remains to be seen. but things are still moving, albeit, glacially.

oh - if you paid for rings and did not get ANY please notify me. and similarly, if you received a refund, and you had previously received a refund, please let me know since id rather not give double-refunds out.
thanks!

haha...

the news isnt too great and im starting to get frustrated. the TA didnt listen to my instructions very carefully and now hes running into issues again. im still in touch with him but the shop has slashed its hours due to budgeting and progress in the last few weeks hasnt been substantial. ill try to get in touch with him later today to see where hes at.

turns out things arent as badly derailed as i thought. he made a perfect match for the big ring, which is good, and means production should finally start on them... for those who got to handle the index set, im referring to everyones favorite, ring D.
i had sent him a slightly revised program to see if it will sit lower in the cluster but still fit snugly - similar to the smaller ones. hes going to try that one next, make a judgement decision on which sits better, then were on to full-blown production... finally...

when will these be available again? or are they now? i see there were some issues, but i didnt feel like reading all 300 posts lol

he had a fit issue with his. im totally OK with you transferring the rings and the right to any replacement, but please notify me if you do, as well the new owners paypal address.

he had a fit issue with his. im totally OK with you transferring the rings and the right to any replacement, but please notify me if you do, as well the new owners paypal address.

so you mean if I buy them from him and they dont fit I can still get a replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back