FS: Custom 1999 Protege ES

Status
Not open for further replies.

gone_fishin

:
One of a Kind '99
Up for sale is my custom built 1999 EST protege-- formerly an N/A 1.8 liter, 5 sp. manual with a recent & fullout 2003 2.0 turbo mazdaspeed protege swap. I hate to do this, but it's come that time. This is a one of a kind-- as I've been only one of a couple guys in the US to take on this swap into a 99-00 third gen. Asking $6500.

I've been the only owner since it was purchased new in '99, it's been babied ever since. MSP Drive/powertrain mileage is at 23k, and the body mileage is at 98k. It's been garaged, a non-smoker, rarely driven in the snow, and had routine maintenance at Mazda with records.

carplace.jpg

005_2A-1.jpg

car2.jpg

About the Swap:
At 98k, a 2003 MSP front-end clip was purchased with 23k on it, and the 2.0 MSP powertrain (with all turbo components), the MSP drivetrain (everything, including the axles, subframe, and shifter linkages), and MSP PCM and all harnesses were swapped out. The boost hasn't been touched, but it's likely 1-2 psi overstock due to the mods.

Modifications Since The Swap:

Engine-
-GHL Full 3 inch turboback exhaust
-AWR 95 durometer motor mounts
-Injen CAI
-Fully Ported and Polished Intake Manifold
-B&M Short Shifter, ractive shift boot, tenzo weighted shift knob.
-Polished Mazdaspeed Heat Sheild
-Optima Red Top Battery
-Custom Painted MSP Engine Cover

-Suspension-
-Tokico blues on all 4 corners
-Eibach pro-kit lowering springs
-AWR adjustable endlinks (front and rear)
-Corksport polished strut tower bar
-Racing Beat Front Sway Bar

Tires-
-Bridgestone Potenza Z Rated (90% tread left)

Brakes-
-Slotted Rotors
-MSP Calipers

Gauges/Internal-
-Custom Mounted Autometer Tri-pod: Water, Oil, Volts
-Micron ADL (Automatic Data Logger) Digital Dash System
-Sparco Racing Pedals

I am located in the Philadelphia area. Contact me to arrange a time with me if you'd like to take a look at it, but please, serious inquirers only.

Last edited:
any interior pics?

is there a CAT for inspection?

any interior pics?

is there a CAT for inspection?

Yes, the GHL turboback has a hi-flow cat that is approved for emissions inspection. The car has had relatively little mileage put on it since the swap, so the CAT should last a good, long time.

this with a sport 20 kit(butthump)

That's actually what my plans were, but I decided against it at the time because I wanted it to be a complete sleeper. This car is an absolute blast to drive. As for now, I'm finished investing money in mods, and I'm actually selling this so that I can buy an unmodified daily driver. Being an adult FTL (sad2)

No dont give it up. The next owner of this def needs to take care of this thing or elseee...(fight)

That's actually what my plans were, but I decided against it at the time because I wanted it to be a complete sleeper. This car is an absolute blast to drive. As for now, I'm finished investing money in mods, and I'm actually selling this so that I can buy an unmodified daily driver. Being an adult FTL (sad2)

adult? come on, the next car i plan on purchasing is either the new msmx5 or even a solstice gxp... i'm 25 going on 40 it seems...

Selling??? Hey best of luck and if I was in the market, I would be coming out to take a look!

And you mentioned an 'unmodded daily driver'....how long will it stay that way? :)

hey there.. i all ready know the answer to this but i thought i would ask anyway because well i need to lol.. i just got a 99 protege and a drunk drive"come to find out way later" stopped way to soon at a red light and i ran into the back of her :( so i need new parts for the front... so my question is would you part the car or some of the things on it?

How much for shipping to 97201? :)

Man, I wish... that'd be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back