FS: 6 day old COBB AP w/ NGK 1-step colder plugs - sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received this new on 1/16. I flashed the stage2+sf 93 map and stage2+sf 91 map and evidently my particular car needs a fuel pump upgrade to run those maps. i then unmarried the AP and re-installed my factory map.

i told myself i was not going to get that involved with this car and i have to stop myself before i end up with a fully built ms3.

The plugs have about 200 miles on them. They are gapped to .028. They are the NGK IX iridium heat range 7 plugs and normally go for $40 a set.

I will sell the package for 550 + shipping firm. i have absolutely no use for the plugs without something to make me run additional boost, so i won't split the two up as they are meant for each other.

paypal is ok, if so add the 3% since i'm already losing my ass here.

i've always wanted to say this.....ready?

"my loss is your gain"

lol

IMG_1697.jpg

damn im thinking about it. Just out of curiosity what mods do you have. I dont want to end up with the same problem because I dont plan on up'ing my fuel pump.

damn im thinking about it. Just out of curiosity what mods do you have. I dont want to end up with the same problem because I dont plan on up'ing my fuel pump.

cobb intake and txs racepipe. i also have a txs hybrid but i took that off for the 91 maps to see if it mattered.

christian said these maps are meant for cars with stock pumps, but every car is different and that is my main problem with OTS maps.

you'll find a bunch o' dudes on this site who love the AP, but then you have people like me who need add'l parts to support it.

the funny thing is, i could just upgrade the pump, spend the 300 bucks and one hour to install that, but i've been down this road before. i get carried away and i can't do that at this stage of my life.

got it ; )

That sucks to hear that it didn't work out for you ... I was following your trials hoping for the best. Free bump and good luck with the sale!

i have the same set up. so the COBB didnt work? what was the problem?

with the stage2+sf 93 map, the a/f's would be in the 12.5-13:1 range...

the car was insanely fast, but the a/f was just too high. boost would peak at like 21, and then level out for the entire pull at 19lbs. it was awesome, but, again, the a/f.....

then i tried the 91 map, and the a/f's sometimes would be ideal, but many times would jump up halfway through the pull to 13:1...around 5200 rpm.

my fuel pressure was about 1775 during the time it would jump up, so i don't know what the problem is.

i contacted christian at cobb about it, and he took a brief look at some of the original logs and said i need a fuel pump, but i don't understand why if the pressure is high when the a/f jump is occuring. he's entirely too busy to try to contact about it- that is the feeling i got from his emails.

so, while these maps work wonderfully for many people, i don't want to go down this road with my car....who knows for sure if the pump would help, the car runs fine stock, so i'll just leave it alone.

So you are having better results with the factory map?

yeah, the car has never given me one issue in the year i've had it, running the stock map. i've never had cut, i've never had any problems....at all.

my prob is i get carried away with mods, and the secondary problem is i like to tune.

i just need to chill out and not go down that road with the car, just leave it be.

I would so buy this! Have to wait till the end of the month to see if i can afford it though! If its not gone by then i might contact you again!

I would so buy this! Have to wait till the end of the month to see if i can afford it though! If its not gone by then i might contact you again!

dudes....

i was staring at the AP today and i noticed the clear case screen cover on the AP has very very light swirl mark type scratches on it from my wiping the finger prints off with my shirt. i didn't notice until today. these are VERY light super hairline scratches from the cotton material on my shirt. most people wouldn't notice even if i showed them but i figured i'd put it out there becaues i'm anal, and honest.

again, they are uber minute and can only be noticed in the reflection of the sun on the screen, but i noticed 'em.

you might be having a problem because you have a test pipe, there isn't that extra restriction their that is supposed to be say if you were running just the intake map...

so you have to go and tempt me? if you want to tune you should of just went SB :) jk jk. i would pick this up hoping AccessTuner comes out soon but i'm testing an SAFC at the moment. that's my current solution to keep me from getting 'carried away'

Can't you return APs to Cobb within 30 days if you aren't satisfied? Maybe that was just an introductory offer, since glancing through their return policy doesn't seem to indicate that's the case specificcally...

you might be having a problem because you have a test pipe, there isn't that extra restriction their that is supposed to be say if you were running just the intake map...

well, the following is what i've gathered regarding that point:

if you have a test pipe, try stage 2. if it meets or exceeds boost targets, then you know for sure you'd overboost on stage 1 because stage 1 is generally meant for a setup with less flow potential. if you don't meet boost targets on stage 2, then you don't have the flow available and you should go down to stage 1.

that is what i've researched, but i did not test it as i never touched stage 1 maps.

on stage2+sf 93 i was peaking at about 21 and holding tight at 18.5-19+

RE: returning it, it's ok, i'd rather sell it to someone on here than go through the hassle. i'm not having much luck communicating with cobb as it is re: research about my logs, hehe, so it's ok.

fasteract, what i might do is try stage2 93 just to see...as one other person on here had success with that map, but really, i'd like to not tempt myself and just sell it.

RE: returning it, it's ok, i'd rather sell it to someone on here than go through the hassle. i'm not having much luck communicating with cobb as it is re: research about my logs, hehe, so it's ok.

Returning it is no hassle if you bought direct from Cobb. Did it when they first came out and it took only one call to customer service. Thanks for the info on complications with the mid-pipe, though. That is a big heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back