FS: 1997 Mazda Miata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
Before this goes up on Craigslist or eBay, I wanted to put this up for the locals to see if any of you are interested.

I'm selling my Miata. It started out as a birthday present for my wife and she decided she has no intention to learn stick (Santos must have rubbed off on her) nor does she want a convertible. I was going to keep it for myself and as you all know, I need another Mazda in the garage or driveway about as much as Rosie O'Donnell needs gift certificates to McDonald's. So, it needs to go.

The car recently rolled over 100,000 miles on the stock engine. Thats a little over 8000 miles driven a year. Until it entered my hands, the car was stock in every respect.

Maintenance Performed
New Plugs
New Wires
New Belts
New Fuel Filter
(All Dealer Parts)

Upgrades
4-2-1 Header
Intake
SR Motorsports Pulley Set
Mazdaspeed style valve cover and cap (courtesy of Keystone Powdercoating)

The Good
The body is a straight and thanks to a recent detail by forum member Blue-sun, the paint looks great. As with all old Miatas, the bumpers have weathered the passage of time differently than the sheetmetal. That said, as you can see in the pictures, they are probably about as good as one can expect from a 12 year old Mazda. The car really looks sharp. The suspension is not modified and right from the factory. Rides and drives very straight. Handles great. The car was bought with the wheels as pictured and there are no imperfections. Interior is fully intact and very clean. All accessories function excellently including the radio, headlamps and motors, AC and heat. The car pulls real good for a 130 hp four cylinder roadster. Its a 1997 so its the last year before they switched to the "NB" style with tear drop headlights and more mass. The car is light and is tossed around very easily. I would drive this to Moscow and back if Sarah Palin built the bridge to accommodate me on that notion. Engine and trans are very solid.

The Not So Good
Driver's seat has a little wear on the edge of the bolster, by no means is the seat falling apart. The factory muffler has pinhole leaks from rust and age. If the car goes for the right price I will include and install a new muffler. When the car is cold or just fired up, there is belt squeal which can be addressed by adjusting the tensioner. There is some rust on the body, on the rockers below the doors, which can be easily cleaned up. If I have the car when it warms up and its not yet sold, I'll probably do this myself. Its in the black zone of the body, not in the red painted portion of the body.

The Bad
Useless vehicle in the present weather

So that's it. Like I said, this is pretty much for the locals to see if anyone is interested in a fun spring/summer toy. Requests to drive the vehicle are welcome. If you're not local and still want to ask me about it, post or PM me. Offers are welcome, but I'm not desperate to get rid of the car so if you low ball me you can expect either no reply or an unkind one.

Asking for $5500

Attachments

• DSCN0533.JPG
    DSCN0533.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCN0534.JPG
    DSCN0534.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN0535.JPG
    DSCN0535.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN0536.JPG
    DSCN0536.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN0537.JPG
    DSCN0537.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 276
more pix

Attachments

• DSCN0541.JPG
    DSCN0541.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN0540.JPG
    DSCN0540.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0542.JPG
    DSCN0542.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN0543.JPG
    DSCN0543.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN0544.JPG
    DSCN0544.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 139
more pix 2

Attachments

• DSCN0546.JPG
    DSCN0546.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN0545.JPG
    DSCN0545.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN0547.JPG
    DSCN0547.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN0548.JPG
    DSCN0548.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN0550.JPG
    DSCN0550.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 286
more pix 3

Attachments

• DSCN0551.JPG
    DSCN0551.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCN0552.JPG
    DSCN0552.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0553.JPG
    DSCN0553.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN0554.JPG
    DSCN0554.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN0555.JPG
    DSCN0555.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 210
I wonder if CarMax would like to buy my car. Hrm.....

I have a few questiones:
-How new is the engine
-Was the Diff fluid changed?
-Was the trans oil changed?
-Water pump/alternator condition?
-A/C functional?
-General condition of the top?
-Brakes -- condition, and if possible, when was the last service/caliper overhaul?

You can PM or call me.

If it was a second gen RX7 I would buy it from you in a heartbeat....Although, this would be a sweet ass little car to convert to an electric car... Hmm..

If it was a second gen RX7 I would buy it from you in a heartbeat....Although, this would be a sweet ass little car to convert to an electric car... Hmm..

less chance of a BP falling apart than a 13B and equally as fun to drive IMHO :)

I wonder if CarMax would like to buy my car. Hrm.....

I have a few questiones:
-How new is the engine
-Was the Diff fluid changed?
-Was the trans oil changed?
-Water pump/alternator condition?
-A/C functional?
-General condition of the top?
-Brakes -- condition, and if possible, when was the last service/caliper overhaul?

You can PM or call me.

- engine is original
- not on my watch
- not on my watch
- functions perfectly
- AC functions
- forgot this, top is less than a year old with a glass window, not plastic
- stops real good, no squeals or pulls to odd directions.

i'm taking it to my favorite dealership for a top to bottom check this week, the results and receipts of which will be included with the car

Just curious, that's all. You've only been on the forum for like 18 months, thought it was kind of.... odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back