Front windows wet on the inside?

rk2112

:
Mazda CX-9 GT
My '08 CX-9 GT's front windows get wet on the inside (about a 1/4 of the glass from the A pillar back, not the whole window) when I put them down after it rains, snows, or a car wash. Basically anytime the car gets wet. It can even be a day or two after the fact. It is very annoying because it then leaves smears on the glass which distorts the view in the side mirrors. I carry a towel in the car to wipe off the windows so I have a clear view of my mirrors.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Here is where they get wet (see pic) on both front windows top to bottom. The rest of the window is dry. It can be hours after a rain, carwash etc... and they are still very wet on the inside.

Attachments

• 2007_mazda_cx-9_20292003-E.jpg
    2007_mazda_cx-9_20292003-E.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 328
Its funny, the same thing just happened to my CX-9 on the right front window. As anyone is the Souther California area knows..it has been pouring cats and dogs since Tuesday, needless to say, it has been very wet around here. I was driving to work in the rain at around 1:15pm coming back from lunch when I noticed the water/condensation in the front lower corner of the right front window glass. I thought it was strange but then I remembered someone here posting something like that. Just cleaned it up and all is well, I will see if it does it again.

Same problem in my CX9 ('08 too). Is not nice. I didn't experience such problem in other vehicles owned before (not Mazdas). I'm going to show this to the service but since is not so urgent, will wait until next scheduled visit.

Last edited:
Windows Wet

My '08 CX-9 GT's front windows get wet on the inside (about a 1/4 of the glass from the A pillar back, not the whole window) when I put them down after it rains, snows, or a car wash. Basically anytime the car gets wet. It can even be a day or two after the fact. It is very annoying because it then leaves smears on the glass which distorts the view in the side mirrors. I carry a towel in the car to wipe off the windows so I have a clear view of my mirrors.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Yes I finally found someone with the same problem. I have had mine to the dealer 4 times regarding this. They are telling me that it is normal on the CX-9, a design flaw by Mazda. Funny how I never had the problem for two years until they had to fix the styrofoam pads that came unclipped. Somehow it seems that the inside felt weatherstrips of the windows get wet and usually takes a couple of days before it drys out. Very irritating!! My driver side is only a quarter and the passenger is half. I even looked at the inside of the door when they had the panel off and could see no trace of water except on the tip of the strip.

Is there anyone out there with a solution?

the ceals in between the window and the door on my old car got worn so bad they would retain pressure from water at all so the inside got wet also had happened near the sunroof. i dont know if that helps but worth looking at

just wait until your bose speakers start warping and chatter from the paper wafers making contact. Yes, paper speakers + no vapor barrier = WTF. The window seals do not keep out water very well.

Back