Front Tires Cupping

sreddos

:
2010 CX-9 GT
So back in Feb, I replaced the stock tires with Yokohoma Prada Spec-X 20" and about 10K miles later, the front tires are starting to show notice of cupping. When I accelerate from a stop or a slow speed, I get a lot of vibration coming from the front end. The vibration does seem to diminish after I've been driving for a little bit, but it's still there. Has anyone else had any problems with tires cupping? I'm very surprised that the Prada's are showing wear like this.

Thanks

Did this happen before you changed the tires? if so you might have a problem with your front end. If not then i am wondering if the same thing will happen to my 9 since i put the parada spec-x's on about a month ago. Please keep me posted.

It is not the tire.
It is the alignment or your suspension.
Have you hit any curb or pot hole lately?
I have no issue with my Spec-X after 30K miles. Still 40-50% thread left.

I don't think it's an alignment issue because I had an alignment done when the tires were put on. Back in Feb my wife slid into a curb (front driver side) when it was real snowy out and that is when we replaced the tires and had the alignment. We had taken the Mazda to the dealership and they replaced the front driver side drive axle because it got damaged in the accident, but that was all they replaced and we didn't have any problems after that. Until now. From what I can tell, the vibration is only there when the accelerator is pressed. If I let up on the accelerator, the vibration will stop but then come back when I press on it again. I'm going to schedule a visit to the dealership here soon, but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts as to what would cause a vibration upon acceleration like this. Maybe from past experiences.

Thanks!

cupping is not a tire issue, it's a suspension issue. Something else was damaged on impact and needs to be looked at. Nevertheless, if it really was aligned post repair, then they would have problems getting it aligned and it would have told them to look deeper.

Back