Freakin Ford!

I'm Allen

:
'03 Black Mica MSP #18
My wife's SVT Focus turned 1 month old today...and died! The freakin intake manifold FELL OFF!!! :wtf: The manifold is plastic and is held onto the engine by hose clamps, kinda like the turbo piping on my MSP. Guess the factory didn't torque them down or something. Anyway, hope this isn't a sign of things to come for that car. It's a really nice little car.

Allen-

LOL...I couldn't believe it either when I found out they use plastic intake manifolds. One of my friends used to be a fleet mechanic for the police vehicles and the plastic intake manifolds on the Crown Vics would have problems all the time. He said Ford used plastic because it doesn't conduct as much heat like metal. Apparently it is really crappy plastic though.

I have seen plastic on many manifold (04 Rx-8 for example) and the fact that it doesnt tranfer as much heat is a very good thing. My dam injen intake soaks up a lot of heat. It obviosly wont work well for F/I applications but i dont see why it shouldnt work well for n/a unless A) their plastic sucks or B) like the problem Allen is having it isnt secured well. If hose clamps hold it on see if you can get some T bolt clamps for overkill so this problem wont arrise again. good luck or just trade it in for an RX-8 for her :D

Guess what new car has a plastic intake manifold -- the Mazda 3!

(hitit2)

Latest posts

Back