Forum Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously guys, let it go. That won't be the cause of you losing, and if you think it is, you're horribly mistaken. It was a minor hiccup, and it's fixed. Let's get back on topic in here. Take the bickering to PMs.

SWITCH IT BACK!

look at the photo quality differance when you link to here. *this photo is very very high quality, then when uploaded its grainy as ****
ever since the change all linked photos are like this. i just submited my MOTM entry and have no chance really because of this upgrade killing linked photos...

005-7.jpg

^^^^^ look at that, WTF!

here is the direct link to compare. http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/00silvermistgt/005-7.jpg

OK.... maybe it's crack, because the image that is visible right above "^^ WTF", is loaded from the actual link that you provided for comparison.

BTW, I checked the maximum size for a JPG attachment, and it's 2MB, that should be more than enough!

Anyways, I am willing to help, so if you can, link me to an attachment that is--paraphrasing--"OMG HORRIBYL s*** CRAP GRANIY !!!!1111", I will do my best to fix it. If anyone else has had their day ruined by the grainy pics please advise.

Thanks

Is it me or has there been a lot more (accidental) double posting - from people who usually wouldn't do so - since the upgrade? Might not be an issue, but just an observation I've made.

ok, the dude fighting with the picture should stop taking pics with his evo.

back on topic(if i may say)
i believe is just the fact of the change.

why fix it if it ain't broken.

no way of bringing back the old skin to the new version? i highly doubt that was the case.

ohh and if the admin were worried about the image so much they would've never:
1. changed the logo (new sucks by the way)
2. changed the layout of the whole site

those two things immediately change the branding IMO

NOTE: This thread is meant for solving technical issues, not bitching about "change". The new look & logo are here to stay, get used to it.

Now let's keep this thread ON TOPIC...Please only post if you have come across technical issues for Enry to fix.

Everyone's cooperation would be greatly appreciated, thank you and enjoy the NEW forums. :D

+1 on double posting. Also noticing a lot slower speeds compared to before. Anyone else not have access until 5pm or so?

Enry said someone had accidentally cut their company's fiber line and their techs worked on restoring the connection all day...If I understand what happened correctly...Glad to be back!

As for the tech issues...I had noticed slower speeds right after the site came back online...It seems fine now, how about for you guys?

Do you have examples of the double posting..? Thanks!

The city was doing maintenance on the traffic lights and cut through the fiber that carries our primary and backup pipes.
Tomorrow I am ordering a microwave link as additional bgp peer.

Enry said someone had accidentally cut their company's fiber line and their techs worked on restoring the connection all day...If I understand what happened correctly...Glad to be back!

As for the tech issues...I had noticed slower speeds right after the site came back online...It seems fine now, how about for you guys?

Do you have examples of the double posting..? Thanks!

Post number 33 and 34. It was my post where I mention the speed issues... which I haven't seen improve yet. The other site was much much faster.

+2 to the double posting issues. I had some double posts in the "what have you done to your MS6" thread......

Post number 33 and 34. It was my post where I mention the speed issues... which I haven't seen improve yet. The other site was much much faster.

At the moment, the site seems fine but there does seem to be a slight delay although I'm on a mobile wifi connection right now...

+2 to the double posting issues. I had some double posts in the "what have you done to your MS6" thread......

Thanks for the heads up...Hopefully Enry can sort it out soon.

i still get the "server is too busy, try again later" screen.
not as much as before, but still. just a heads up.

I only saw that message once since the upgrade...Thanks for the heads up!

So let's get these current issues listed so we can resolve them one by one:

* Slow Speed

* Auto Double Posts

* "Server is too busy, try again later" message

I for one miss having the User CP link right there in the main navigation bar. First thing I always do when I sign onto most forums is click the link that shows me new posts in all the threads I am subscribed to. I know I can still get there through the Settings link at the top right.... but since it's such a key navigation element, I prefer to have it front and center.

Maybe I'm just weird like that though....

EDIT: just noticed you can get there through the Quick Links menu right below the main navigation bar. I guess that's better, but being as I'll click that link literally 50 times more than anything else up there (along with the New Posts link), it would still be my personal preference to have it as a large button.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back