Fortin EVO-ONE Install Questions

I've been unsuccessful in finding answers using search, so if these questions have been addressed before, I apologize.

Has anyone successfully installed the hood switch for the Fortin EVO-ONE? I know most people don't install it, but I would like to install it in my 2016 CX-5. I am looking for advice on where to mount it under the hood and how to route the wire through the firewall. Also how does the wire connect to the pin itself? I cannot tell from pictures of the product.

Also, when configuring the flash link, what is considered an "OEM alarm" in this case? Is this just the standard alarm that uses the horn? Or are they referencing a different alarm system that was an added option?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I can send tomorrow link to the oem remote start pdf or you can google for it. It has details where the switch connects and how. But I am curious why do you want it? I doesnt make any purpose apart from required on the oem remote start.

I can send tomorrow link to the oem remote start pdf or you can google for it. It has details where the switch connects and how. But I am curious why do you want it? I doesnt make any purpose apart from required on the oem remote start.

Thanks, I looked up the OEM one earlier thinking it would show me a good route. But that actually looks like it doesn’t run through the fire wall, rather it plugs somewhere around the engine.

The Fortin one requires it be plugged into the module, so it needs to make its way inside the car to the driver side.

I want it just from a safety perspective. When I do bring the car in for service I don’t want to have to rely on remembering to use the valet switch.

yes you are correct. the oem one plugs into/near the fuses area in the engine compartment. thats how its connected to the car harness and systems.
its an on off switch basically.

I dont know about fortin, i guess if it has to be connected to its module then you would have to route through the frame to get inside. I have some vague memory that there is a hole under the windshield on the left side of the car/engine compartment. Look in the old forum threads in fortin or may be somebody else who has done it can chime in.

In the CX-9 near the driver footwell there is a big grommet where a lot of cables are going through. usually these grommets have areas where you can put extra holes for additional wires, I would go through there if I were to pass the wire for the hood switch. I would seal the holes after with silicone or something similar to make sure water or air doesn't go through that new hole after. But I just didn't bother installing the hood switch in mine.

Sorry to revive this thread...

But I bought the EVO One (and flash link) with the THAR-ONE-MAZ3 harness for my 2020 cx-9.

The remote start works fine but although it was advertised as “plug and play”, if I wanted to use the optional running lights feature, I would still need to splice into wires.

Do I need to go back to the Amazon seller and get a corrected harness? Or does everyone else skip the running light option since that requires splicing?

I just skipped the running light. I don’t think there is a harness for it and I don’t really miss the feature that much.

Installed Fortin Fortin EVO One in to my CX5 had few issues but got them sorted out except one I get an error it says “Mazda cruise control disabled under 20mph but, at the time I get this error I’m traveling above 50mph (see picture) and the cruise control can be set and works good it just this error on display that doesn’t go away, also just to mention it is happening only when the car was started via EVO One remote start and when entered the car the push to start button was pressed for takeover, if someone knows how to fix it, please let me know.

CX5 Cruise Control Error.jpg

Other cx-5 owners seems to have had similar issues (see link below). doesn’t seem to be a problem with the CX-9.

Fortin in their FAQs online recommends choosing a setting that turns off the engine when door opens to prevent it. Which is not a great solution in my opinion but could work. Other than that some people have had success with updating the firmware of the remote start.

Fortin is supposed to have great customer service. I would recommend giving them a call and see what they propose.

Other cx-5 owners seems to have had similar issues (see link below). doesn’t seem to be a problem with the CX-9.

Fortin in their FAQs online recommends choosing a setting that turns off the engine when door opens to prevent it. Which is not a great solution in my opinion but could work. Other than that some people have had success with updating the firmware of the remote start.

Fortin is supposed to have great customer service. I would recommend giving them a call and see what they propose.
I have the latest firmware on the EVO One Fortin response to this issue was to enable option D3 (This option turns off engine when door opens) I agree with you it is not a great solution. So IMHO leaving everything as is and when remote start enabled unlocking the car and pressing brake pedal (that would shut off the car, then restarting it by pressing pts button) that would basically be the same as enabling option D3 and I would not have to disconnect and reconnect EVO for that?

So IMHO leaving everything as is and when remote start enabled unlocking the car and pressing brake pedal (that would shut off the car, then restarting it by pressing pts button) that would basically be the same as enabling option D3 and I would not have to disconnect and reconnect EVO for that?

I would think so. some users also said that if cruise control is off when you start the car then this issue doesn't crop up. Turning off cruise control at the end of your drives would allow that for your next restart. I still recommend calling fortin about it. they may have a different solution since (or maybe you already did, not sure if Fortin response above is from their website or from calling them).

I would think so. some users also said that if cruise control is off when you start the car then this issue doesn't crop up. Turning off cruise control at the end of your drives would allow that for your next restart. I still recommend calling fortin about it. they may have a different solution since (or maybe you already did, not sure if Fortin response above is from their website or from calling them).
I spoke with Fortin Tech Support, they have only one remedy for this issue is to enable option to shut off the car with opening the door. If the cruise control is off before the engine shut off on my car even when the car is started via EVO and the cruise control is enabled during the drive the error is still displayed.

Just FYI Fortin has released firmware update for EVO One Ver 85.11, this firmware fixes "Auto Hold" and Cruise Control error/problem. Updated mine on 2017 CX5 Evo One and now it works perfectly no issues.

@metro2cx5 are you referring to the error “cruise control disabled under 20mph”, something to that effect?
Yes, there has been an update released to tackle the Cruise Control under 20MPH message. Firmware 85.11.

Once the module has been updated to that firmware, RESET the module before reprogramming it to the vehicle. Keep in mind the RESET will also put the bypass option back to default so you will have to change those back as well, or just first enable this option, "Settings Protection" before doing the reset.

To reset module follow steps below

1. Programming button while inserting the power.
2. Let go of button when the LED is RED
3. Push
and Hold the programming button until all three LED start to alternate rapidly
4. Disconnect unit, she is now reset.

If the "Setting Protection" was not enabled beforehand. This will clear any in-vehicle programming that was done and set all Bypass options back to default.

This should be interesting. Because I use drone mobile, I have to use the firmware "0.50" which was created specifically for it. I do believe if I update to latest firmware and then downgrade to the drone mobile firmware, you do still get the benefits of the most recent change log. I'll have to see if that is the case.

I do not have Drone Mobile so I can not help you with that but, maybe it not a bad idea for you to call Fortin tech support before you do the upgrade.

Back