Fortin EVO-ONE Install Questions

May someone can tell me what is the correct order of installation EVO ONE as soon as we have the unit on our hand:
1- Connect to our vehicle via T harness to do Dcryptor programming --> Connect to computer via The Updater to do Key Bypass programming + update firmware for the EVO unit.
Or
2- Connect the Evo unit to computer via The Updater to get the unit firmware updated first---> Connect to our vehicle via T harness to do Dcryptor programming --> Connect to computer via Updater to do Key Bypass programming.

Hope you guys all understand my concerns and give me your advices.

Thank you

May someone can tell me what is the correct order of installation EVO ONE as soon as we have the unit on our hand:
1- Connect to our vehicle via T harness to do Dcryptor programming --> Connect to computer via The Updater to do Key Bypass programming + update firmware for the EVO unit.
Or
2- Connect the Evo unit to computer via The Updater to get the unit firmware updated first---> Connect to our vehicle via T harness to do Dcryptor programming --> Connect to computer via Updater to do Key Bypass programming.

Hope you guys all understand my concerns and give me your advices.

Thank you
Just follow steps in this video. Just make sure you use Firmware Ver. 85.11

I just installed the Evo One and noticed this same error. I should be on the latest FW but I can't recall the version.

For those of you who experienced the "Mazda cruise control disabled under 20mph" error, once you updated to FW ver 85.11, did it address the issue with the error?

In addition, I did not install the hood pin switch, but considering that I should. Just learned last night that the car does allow to autostart with the hood open. On my other vehicles, with Evo One, it won't autostart with the hood open.

I just installed the Evo One and noticed this same error. I should be on the latest FW but I can't recall the version.

Update.... just checked and it seems I have fw 85.09... For some reason it does not allow me to update to 85.11 or 85.12

I'Ve contacted support, waiting to hear what they say. anyone else had this issue?

After a number of FW changes the software/device gets locked. Just fill out a support ticket on their website and they will reset it on their end so you can then flash the newest version.

Reactions: rzc
Done deal.... I'm now on 85.12 and so far the "Mazda cruise control disabled under 20mph" is gone. Only time will tell.

I'm just glad that my Linkr LT2 is still working.

Back