fog light button cluster question

buzzkill_75

:
2002 protege 5
on the small switch cluster where our foglight switch is i have the switch, quarter slot, and then the blank.

what should be in the spot where the blank is? can i add another foglight switch? where do i get it?

i wanna hook up my volunteer fire fighter lights in the blank to keep it looking stock.

thanks in advance

are the fire fighter lights the blue ones? I knew a guy in Potsdam NY that had a pretty sick setup for his. The fronts were right up in front of where the visor folds down and the rear was placed right above the 3rd brake light. It was in a Nissan sentra seR

i need to find a fog switch to put in there then to control my lights.

yes they are the blue lights. i tried them up by my visor but im too tall and need that area for vision.

if our headlight housing was bigger i would put the LED strobes in the lights

Where does a guy get mirrors like that?

Over night parts from japan :) They are also heated yay

t0gpib.jpg

Last edited:
did the mirrors come with that switch? or can i get is seperately

Nah they came with your best bet is just going to a junkyard finding a protege and getting the foglight switch off that or if someone has one for sale on the forum's.

Nah they came with your best bet is just going to a junkyard finding a protege and getting the foglight switch off that or if someone has one for sale on the forum's.

our junkyards suck around here. I miss the ones out in the baltimore area sooo many choices.

now i will have to find a junk yard and figure out how to

I just put my mirror's to fold with the e-brake so have no use for the button I'll sleep on it.

on the small switch cluster where our foglight switch is i have the switch, quarter slot, and then the blank.

what should be in the spot where the blank is? can i add another foglight switch? where do i get it?

i wanna hook up my volunteer fire fighter lights in the blank to keep it looking stock.

thanks in advance
Add another fog switch and connect up the VFD lighting. Rheostat for the dash lights is the other cluster member switch there.

thanks hank

does anyone know if this will be a direct fit for the blank?

and most importantly how do i get the blank out
The blank and the switches have release tabs you have to get to from the backside, then they come right out. New ones click back in place.

To get to the switches, pull off the side panel on the dash (to the left of the switches). I believe there are a couple tabs that slide into the dash.

Way late question. Is the wiring for the instrument panel rheostat "Light Dimmer" the same in the 98 protege as in the 02 protege?

another option is to just buy a simple toggle switch and drill the appropriate sized hole in the blank slot. I did this for my footwell lighting and as long as you use a black toggle switch it blends pretty well. Nobody else riding in the car would ever notice it was aftermarket.

edit: just noticed this thread is from 2010... whoops (rolleyes)

This is what I did for aux 12v power points I installed. They are black plastic rocker switches with LED indicator lights. I think I got from pep boys.
I looked (online) at some rocker switches made for Jeep & 4x4's, but I could not confirm the fit.
I tried a 12v rocker switch from a boating supply store (West Marine, switch brand was Cole Hersee) and it was close, but would have required some dremelling of either the switch or the switch housing opening. I didn't want to do that.
If you have access to a JY, many older Mazdas have switches that appear to be the same size. Lots of 626's and Millenia in junkyards these days.

Back