FMIC options

Big Eldorado

:
Protege es 2002
Has anyone tried the CXracing FMIC for the speed3's yet? I know guys that really liked CX products for other models of cars.

Any other FMIC option feedback would be wicked.
(nana)

the fmic is low quality, and iirc it needs a little work to fit perfectly, but for the price it's tough to pass up. Lots of speeds from msf use it. Or at least the piping and upgrade the intercooler.

^^

This. It's cheap, and you get what you pay for. The piping will do the job, but most people I've see upgrade the core, usually to a Treadstone TR8.

I use the CP-E kit, the fitment of the core is a little more offset than most, but I love it. Got a good deal.

Idk what everyone is talking about with the core, but my whole kit looks, fits, and performs perfect.

Thanks Subiekiller3
I have already done my research on the CXracing kit, I can't find any feedback on the corksport FMIC.
But I was under the impression thats what this forum was about, sharing info and opinions.

I actually respect your feedback chimmike, you seem educated on most Speed3 matters. No need to be a Dick face (wink)

Last edited:
haha I know I've read alot of your posts!
I especially like the one where you jab at some guy who wrote his mustang off, personal fav

i have a cx racing fmic and its not a poor product by any means, the core is good to 450HP and it took no special modification to fit, it actually bolts up very nicely and all the parts were good quality with nice welds, i had it powder coated white and it still performs amazing! a buddy of mine is pushing around 380whp with a BNR and has cx fmic and does perfect on his as well, honestly people will dogg it all day long but its the best buy on the market and works just as good as all my buddies COBB's!! do what youd like but you cant deny the numbers, i have all high priced parts on my car except for fmic and im perfectly ok with it since its a great product!

the core is crap. fins are not dense enough to provide adequate cooling. you are literally better off running the tmic unless you are doing stop and go driving daily. there's people who have shown elsewhere that the bat's are no better than the stock tmic. best bet....keep the pipe and get a treadstone tr8 core. you'll see an immediate difference between the quality between the cores.

Core doesn't cool so well, from what I've heard, but I don't have any personal logs to substantiate this. I just used the piping and got a Treadstone TR8C. Couldn't be happier. My BATs are ridiculously good, especially with the TIGs, EGR disconnected and coolant bypass.

Core is junk.

Are you running a Gen2? If so, a TMIC would not be a bad option; lowers BAT's CONSIDERABLY. Gen1=FMIC all the way.

Core is junk.

Are you running a Gen2? If so, a TMIC would not be a bad option; lowers BAT's CONSIDERABLY. Gen1=FMIC all the way.

HawkeyeGeoff's right. Might as well make use of the hood scoop otherwise why have it lol. Go with a TMIC if you do in fact have a Gen2.

Back