Flood lights and new grill?

BigBlueDart

:
2012 Mazda2 Touring MT
So, just wanted to throw out my idea for my next step. Since my high-beams were a bit of a disappointment I was thinking of moving forward with adding some LED flood lights in the grill. These are the lights I'm thinking of using:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

My initial thought was to try to add these in the license plate area on the front, since I'm in a state that doesn't have front plates. If I ever did need to add a license plate I'd just rig up an offset mounting point.

The other alternative I'm thinking of is completely replacing the grill with some black billet mesh. I'd then just find the best place to mount the flood lights and cut holes in the mesh to pass them through.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I'm actually surprised nobody has done this yet. At least, not that I've seen. Has anyone out there replaced the grill?

I have 3 vision x optimus prime, center is a 10 degree and outer are 20 degree but I plan on changing them to 20 degree center and 40 degree on the outer to get a more even coverage into the ditches. only thing I don't like is how low they are cause they take a sh't kicking but the light output is amazing.

Wow, yeah you have them low. If I do this it's going to be a bit higher than that. Also, the lights I've been looking at are 60 degree. Is that wider than I'm going to need as a high-beam supplement? Should I go with the 30's?

I want to add a PIAA RF 18" light bar in the bumper where the front licence plate is. The hole is about 17" and I got to cut the plastic behind the cover anyway so I'll make it 18" wide and mount on the crash bar.
mazda-2-b-spec-race-car-photo-377549-s-1280x782-photo-459843-s-original.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
LEDRF18Bar.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I'm going in a new direction with my 2, Rally look. I'll get some 205/65R15 Gravel rally tires from yokohama, put them on a set of TR Motorsport FF10 15x7 35+ offset
trm_ffx_lg_ci3_l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Scrap the wheels, rally tires, oem springs back on the car. I like the lowered look too much to mess with it, but I still want to add the light bar in that useless spot in the bumper.

My 2 is turning more into a cruiser than a racer ;)

Back