Flickering high beams not working due to aftermarket led bulbs. Help!

jcmac87

:
Mazda Cx5 GT AWD with Tech package
Hey guys,

I'm a newbie..

So, I brought my car to a shop and they changed out all of the interior lights, headlights, fog lights, and the reverse lights to leds. I've been having problems with the high beams. When I'm driving, I'm having trouble flickering the headlights. They just won't turn on.

I went to the dealership and they told me.."The pcm and body control module is set up to certain voltage and not recognizing the after market bulbs."

Please help. I love my current lights. Lol

Thanks! !

pretty sure you loose the high beam function when installing LED bulbs for DRLs?

Your profile says you have tech, so I'm assuming you have HIDS and AFS. Your low and high beams are the same lightbulb. A shutter controls your highbeams, and these lights wouldn't have been changed during the swap. The drl's on tech's are running lights only. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "flickering the headlights". If you mean flashing your highbeams no longer works (or the highbeams no longer work at all), then it's possible you have some electrical malfunction/short because those lights should not have been affected.

So, I brought my car to a shop and they changed out all of the interior lights, headlights, fog lights, and the reverse lights to leds. I've been having problems with the high beams. When I'm driving, I'm having trouble flickering the headlights. They just won't turn on.

I don't understand why you don't return the car to the shop that did the work and tell them they bungled the modifications. It's unacceptable to lose high beam function.

Back