Dome light LED replacements that don't flicker? (2010 CX-9)

LordJezo

So I replaced all of the inside lights in our cars with bright LEDs, they look amazing and provide way more light, but there is one issue. When the car doors are closed and the engine is off the lights flicker. They don't flicker when the door is open, they dont flicker when the engine is on and the doors are open are closed. Only when the engine is off and the door is closed.

Does anyone know of any LED replacements that don't flicker like this? It must have something to do with the way the lights themselves dim ever so slightly when the doors are closed and the engine is off and that is messing with the refresh rate of the bulbs.

Welcome to LED life. I run Diode Dynamics LED's, and have the same issue. Didn't have this issue on my last ride, so I assume it is because the BCM involvement with the CX-9. Get used to it or go back to incandescent. I don't even notice it anymore.

Welcome to LED life. I run Diode Dynamics LED's, and have the same issue. Didn't have this issue on my last ride, so I assume it is because the BCM involvement with the CX-9. Get used to it or go back to incandescent. I don't even notice it anymore.
Had the same - it's the vehicle not the bulbs. Tried a few and have learned to live with the poor dimming behavior. 2012 model year by the way.

Oh well, that's a shame. So the car itself cant handle the LEDs?

Which sizes did you use for the rear dome lights? The ones that fit in the front seem to be ever so slightly off for the middle and rear. I got them in there and they are working, just weren't a perfect match.

Google 'sylvania automotive bulbs' and you'll find the right sizes for the various locations on that site. I did mine some time ago so I cannot recall exactly which one's I used. I'm still glad I made the switch, in spite of how annoying the dimming flicker can be at times.

Oh well, that's a shame. So the car itself cant handle the LEDs?
LED's are very sensitive, so any fluctuation in voltage can effect them.

Which sizes did you use for the rear dome lights? The ones that fit in the front seem to be ever so slightly off for the middle and rear. I got them in there and they are working, just weren't a perfect match.
All 3 rows are the DE3175/31mm festoon. All mine fit just fine.

LED_Lighting_075.jpg

Back