Flav's Mazda Protege5

^ As you can see, Rico now has the camshaft in his possession. I just need to send him the moolah.

Once I receive the cam shaft here's what I plan to do..

- Timing belt
- Head gasket
- Camshaft
- Paint the new/old valve cover
- Finish the wire clean up

Pretty excited/nervous for all that -_-

Here's something I ended up doing today..which I wish I had done ages ago....

1001022_10151515572072201_1285752549_n.jpg

Yeah...no more annoyance when I'm rolling with the window down....

Flush locks should have been standard on these cars.

<a href="http://www.zapwizard.com/oldsite/Car/locks/Index.html">Here's</a> a how-to on this little DIY.

Oh snap, I didn't even think it was a possibility and I was just living with this! I need to do this. It's a lot of work for a little annoyance, but i'll thank myself later

ill trade you a week in the heat over a week at -50C plus the blowing snow. Not to mention the rust we have to deal with compared to the rust you guys have in the south.

My philosophy has always been that no matter how cold it gets, you can always add more clothes. However, when it gets hot, you can only get so naked. That being said, -50C is freaking cold, and I feel you on the rust.

I hate cracking my windows because I'm afraid of people fishing my locks open with clothes hangers. this should fix that problem

I never leave mine cracked either, but I'm more afraid of someone getting something down to the power lock button and just unlocking them all.

The one and only time I ever locked my keys in this car, that's how AAA got it open. They stuck a wedge between the door and the roof, inflated it, got a plastic rod and just hit the button. I've been worried about it ever since. lol

I never leave mine cracked either, but I'm more afraid of someone getting something down to the power lock button and just unlocking them all.

The one and only time I ever locked my keys in this car, that's how AAA got it open. They stuck a wedge between the door and the roof, inflated it, got a plastic rod and just hit the button. I've been worried about it ever since. lol

Never even crossed my mind about the unlock button..

I very very very rarely ever leave the windows cracked though.

Back to the build..

Had an opportunity to get a vibrant exhaust.. passed on it for now.. :(

And also by this week my camshaft will be on its way over here :)

Started the removal of my mold side trim today.....

F@#$ that. Removing that double sided tape is gonna take awhile.. So right now my car's looking pretty ghetto with tape along the side. I managed to remove the tape from my drivers door so far......

Also was having one of those, get me the f*#$ outta here days. So I took a drive

1002508_10151537021202201_41557609_n.jpg

1002584_10151537022687201_972720999_n.jpg

1146613_10151537024912201_709974912_n.jpg

Hopefully that camshaft makes it's way over to me soon.. pretty pumped to install that and replace the timing belt/head gasket/paint valve cover.

Will also (potentially) be redoing my hood next week (stone chips, minor rust..) but we'll see..

Also ordered myself some of that 3M carbon fiber wrap to do my roof rack fairing.

....modding your car is a disease you cannot stop.

....modding your car is a disease you cannot stop.

QFT. ask me how I know... I need to sort the body out and the engine though but I've put a lot into mods. Hey, its better than doing meth and whatnot. Doesn't hurt anyone but it takes its toll on your wallet at times...

Keep on the tape. You'll get it off soon enough. I'd love to take my mouldings off but I'm scared the silver will have faded. A lot.

For a little while now I've had this small scent of gasoline around my car. Especially when I'm near the back of the car where the fuel tank is.
I haven't seen any visible leaks on the ground but I'm sure I must have a leak or something..

Anyone else ever have this issue? Where should I start to try and figure this out?

Pull up the fuel pump cover check it out make sure the rubber seal is intact. Or....light a torch and see where the flames go

Sub, glad to see some protege people close to home, it has really died down the past few years...

no kidding. I try to go onto the toronto forums.. but personally.. they community on that forum just isn't anything like the people here. Way too much drama and BS.
I've seen your ride before, looks great! Thanks for the sub

Pull up the fuel pump cover check it out make sure the rubber seal is intact. Or....light a torch and see where the flames go

Thanks! I'll do that.. Not sure about the flame thing tho.. lol

Edit: The fuel pump cover is under the rear seats, correct?

Last edited:
Back