First 2014 in Minnesota?

:
2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Meteor Grey
I think I may have bought the first 2014 CX-5 in Minnesota last night, an AWD Grand Touring in Meteor Grey. I've been mostly stalking this site for the past month as I narrowed down my purchase. It came down to this or a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.4. I think I will be very happy with my choice. For those curious, I think the bigger engine is well worth the ~$600 premium over a 2013. I also need to thank whoever it was that mentioned getting S-plan due to where their wife worked. I used to get S-plan, but that seemed removed, then in the link to the FAQ's it said any X-plan eligible person gets S-plan. Less than a 10 minute call and I got the car at Invoice (which is what S-plan is supposed to be).

I didn't get the tech package, but my wife would really like the auto-dimming mirror. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations on one to get and if self-install is relatively easy?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to getting used to my first Mazda.

Congrats on the purchase, certainly the MSRP premium of $600 (over late 2013's) for the 2.5L is worthwhile and still competitive.

When do you take delivery?

I didn't get the tech package, but my wife would really like the auto-dimming mirror. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations on one to get and if self-install is relatively easy?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to getting used to my first Mazda.

Congrats fellow Minnesotan! Well it's been a while since I lived there, but I still call it home. Look underneath the forum banner, H and A sells them at a reasonable cost with the install kit.

How to obtain "S" plan, please

I used to get S-plan, but that seemed removed, then in the link to the FAQ's it said any X-plan eligible person gets S-plan. Less than a 10 minute call and I got the car at Invoice (which is what S-plan is supposed to be).

Can you share with us how to get onto this particular gravy train, please? Who is eligible? F.

I took it home last night. I guess I made the verbal agreement on Monday, they said they'd get it all ready on Tuesday and it spent last night in my garage.

Can you share with us how to get onto this particular gravy train, please? Who is eligible? F.

I was pointed to this http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=ProgramGuidelineFaq Questions 3 and 4 were what I needed. My company has links on how to get Ford X-plan which uses a Partner code. I called Mazda and told them that was all I could find. I was told I would need a Partner ID. They put me on hold, when he came back he asked for my name and address then gave me a Partner ID to use. The guy even waited while I made sure it worked. When it generated a PIN it said my company was "Ford Motor Employees" I don't work Ford, but maybe it says that since I'm getting the deal from being Ford X-plan eligible?

Anyone with a modicum of negotiating skills and "chutzpah" can get invoice pricing. It's not necessary to jump through all these hoops.

Anyone with a modicum of negotiating skills and "chutzpah" can get invoice pricing. It's not necessary to jump through all these hoops.

Some people enjoy the negotiating and more power to them. I for one like a nice fair price locked in when I go to the dealership to avoid games. When I was shopping, if a dealer didn't give me a price by email I just moved on to the next dealer.

do you have any pics? I want to see how the new meteor grey color looks like compared to the current metro grey.

EkBuz, what was the invoice price if you don't me asking?

I don't have the numbers with me right now, but I think it was about $100 more than edmunds had listed as invoice (which they even state those numbers could vary by location), http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/cx-5/2014/options.html?sub=suv The GT AWD with destination and no add on's had an MSRP of 29,665 (matches edmunds) and I think my price was 28,978. I figured I was getting about $700 off MSRP and at most paying $100 over invoice if they were lying to me. Not too shabby for a vehicle that just got off boat/truck.

(pics)

We have a saying in another Forum that I follow..... No Pics = Didn't Happen

On my CX 5- 2013 GT, I had the mirror installed by the dealer after I took delivery. It took the dealer 5 hours to install and they commented as to how long it took. It apparently is not that easy.

Yeah, I know you'll need proof, I'll try to get a picture of it tonight. And I can verify the engine cover's are grey, not sure if that's a 2014 thing or a 2.5 thing.

I did drive the 2013 and figured this was a no-brainer upgrade. It's not that often you can get a model year newer of the same car at the same point in time for <$1000. On top of that, you get the engine upgrade (with almost no MPG hit), Pandora radio support, and have your texts read to you. I have a feeling this is what Mazda wanted in the first place, but the 2.5 engine wasn't ready and they wanted the car out the door. If it wasn't for 'industry leading' 35mpg in the 6MT, I bet they would have given every trim the 2.5. I felt the 2.0 was definitely adequate, but you could tell it seemed a little lacking. The 2.5 fits much better IMO and seems a little quieter. It'll be interesting to see what the reviewers find to pick on now.

I did have to make 1 compromise. I would have preferred FWD and possibly the tech package. I had a few dealers looking pretty far to try to find a FWD GT, but they don't seem to ship those to the Midwest this time of year. So, I took my money that would have been for tech and used that on AWD.

EkBuz - You can have dealer instal Nav later (if you want it), price for the Tomtom shouldn't be bad.

EPA gas mileage difference is 1 mpg city, 1 mpg highway, 2 mpg combined.

Last edited:
On my CX 5- 2013 GT, I had the mirror installed by the dealer after I took delivery. It took the dealer 5 hours to install and they commented as to how long it took. It apparently is not that easy.

They gave me a $500 quote for them to get and install one. I'm guessing the official one, like H&A offers (thanks for the suggestion popeyecahn), might need some wiring with it. To power the Homelink and all. I'd be fine with just dimming and no compass or garage buttons. I'm not sure if those can be more solar powered, or driven by the headlights that are annoying you? I'm just checking on my options for now, because that's the only thing out of the tech package my wife really wanted.

Back