2017~2024 Finally took her out

Think you should still write to them anyway

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cruise control only works up to 145kph/~90mph

Top speed limited

5d2cc157cf57d48e08e23e29e9d1bc2d.jpg
Your MRCC may be tuned for US speed limit? I bet MRCC in German CX-5 can work at the speed much higher than 145 km/h?!

Enjoy those high-speed driving experience while you can! :)

Last edited:
Yea, that's too bad for me.

Thanks to @lowincash , I was able to do "hack" the DRLs.

I was going to write Mazda USA and complain. I need the ability to turn off the headlights because daily I go through a security gate a we are supposed to dim our lights. It's a work around, but they really should update the software with the light accents operating independently of the headlights. Additionally I really wish I could code the accents to be much brighter.

65c1a5845c001cb347061f5ca6d6e6d1.jpg
So you eventually turned the default DRL setting off with that weird steps? I guess timing is everything in order to execute the steps successfully?! But I still hate to see that US only front amber side markers though when you use parking lights as the DRLs.

Yeah as a 2017 CX-5 owner please contact Mazda North American Operations to express your opinion on this strange DRL decision. I did and the rep kept saying why do I care as my 2016 CX-5 GT with Tech has the DRL setup I preferred. (boom08)

BTW bigtex is the one we should thank as he's the pioneer did the DRL "hack" and provided an official copy of the steps. He even bought a "Daylight Kit" from Japan and was trying to "unpair" the headlights from DRLs!

The side markers annoy you too? LOL You are a picky dude.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What does your manual say about speeds MRCC works at (uhm)

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

What does your manual say about speeds MRCC works at (uhm)
From US 2017 Mazda CX-5 Smart Start Guide:

MAZDA RADAR CRUISE CONTROL (MRCC) WITH STOP & GO FUNCTION
The MRCC with Stop & Go function maintains vehicle speed and following distance using a radar sensor to detect a vehicle ahead. The driver simply presets the vehicle speed between 0 mph and 90 mph and the system will maintain a safe following distance without having to turn the cruise control off or use the accelerator or brake pedals. If the vehicle ahead stops while you are following behind it, your vehicle will stop automatically.

Is there a way to roll back the infotainment firmware?

As I stated earlier, the AIO Tweaks were rejected by the system.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Is there a way to roll back the infotainment firmware?

As I stated earlier, the AIO Tweaks were rejected by the system.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Maybe flash to an earlier version. Think I've seen some sites online explaining this but I am not too sure. Otherwise, dealer usually can do this.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Back