Finally painted my calipers

Weborific

Hey there again. My brother-in-law was kind enough to hoist my car at his garage and let me do my thing. I had the rotors replaced and painted my calipers a-la-iLisa (orange, although they look very red in these pics). I'll post some other shots in a few days of the whole car.... See ya!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 432
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 251
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 295
Thank you all for the great comments! I wouldn't have even attempted this without all your input, advice, and how-to's. So THANKS! My brother-in-law was hesitant to disconnect the brakeline and bleed the brakes and I was already grateful for the time on the lift, so I had to paint them dangling as shown in the pics. The front ones where easier as they dangle lower than the rear. I just used some tape to mask the rubber parts and the brakelines. Here's a few more pics I just took. They're fresh! Man, I hope this doesn't look ricey! I just really didn't wanna see anymore rust.

PS: I'm repainting part of my bumper, hence the missing corner lights...

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 226
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 214
i wish mine looked that good lol. but i half assed mine :\
im gonna strip the paint off mine and re do them when i have nothing else to do (which is the reason why they got painted, i was bored)

They came out nice. I would have never thought to paint them orange but it goes well with the midnight blue.

lookin' good! I'm gonna try to do that this weekend. got any tips? I have yet to search through the forums and find the how to and all the advice and stuff...

whitemp5seattle said:
lookin' good! I'm gonna try to do that this weekend. got any tips? I have yet to search through the forums and find the how to and all the advice and stuff...

Sure.... I would (and DID):
- spray them with brake cleaner to get most of the gunk off
- brush the calipers on a grinding wheel with a metal bristles wheel of it if possible (or sand them with coarse sand paper)
-use a rust converter on the calipers. rust converters help a LOT in my experience
-mask
-paint

Hope this helps........

(cool) thanks! I'll have to look into the rust converter...just googled it. looks like an awesome product!

RedHotP5 said:
They came out nice. I would have never thought to paint them orange but it goes well with the midnight blue.
the orange goes great with the midnight blue.. Trust me. :)

Last edited:
^^^Yes it does! I am still trying to decide if I want to paint mine just red or go with red and black....

Back