Finally detailed my new DD

mikenap

:
2010 Mazda3 hatch
I recently picked up a 2010 Mazda3 to replace my aging, abused and neglected 96 Honda Civic. It came from a dealer about 2 hours away, and I requested they deliver it as-is. So I received the car in a fairly dirty state, and over the next 3 weeks either weather or other details kept me from taking care of my own car. :cry:

So today is the first time I've EVER seen this car clean, and it was worth the wait! The Celestial Blue Mica is a pretty interesting color, it changes with the light, but not like chameleon paint(thank God). I like it, but it isn't exactly the manliest color. So after adding some window tint and a set of TSW Nurburgrings, the car looks a lot better in my eyes and I no longer have to pretend it's my wife's car.:D

Process:
ONR wash
Megs clay
Flex M205/white and GG6 M205/HT Tangerine (I was only going for a quick one-step due to time, but the car was in great shape overall and this step knocked out 85-90% of the swirls. Yay!)
CG Ez-creme glaze on black pad. (I've never noticed much benefit in the looks department using this, but the increased slickness is nice.)
Collinite 845, will add another layer after the next wash

DSCN0482.jpg

DSCN0483.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

DSCN0485.jpg

DSCN0491.jpg

DSCN0492.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

My two babies tucked away for the night.
DSCN0508.jpg

DSCN0507.jpg

My friend Matt came by to pick up the factory MZ3 wheels and helped me out from the claying step til the end. Afterwards, we threw the wheels on his Mazda6, which he's cleaning up tomorrow.

DSCN0495.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0505.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Back