Fiber Glass Grill Insert

:
2003.5 MSP
Has anyone recently had their Fiber glass Grill insert painted? Where did you get it painted at and how much were you charged?

I have one coming in and want to get a ball park price of how much I'll end up spending to have it prefectly matched.

Laser Blue Mica will be the color.

Also I may be getting eyelids how much do those cost to get painted??

Thanks

Notorious_V.I.C said:
Has anyone recently had their Fiber glass Grill insert painted? Where did you get it painted at and how much were you charged?

I have one coming in and want to get a ball park price of how much I'll end up spending to have it prefectly matched.

Laser Blue Mica will be the color.

Also I may be getting eyelids how much do those cost to get painted??

Thanks

i checked at work they said should be around 80 dollars

I want to cry!! Why are all the places around me trying to rape me in the Ass!! I got quoted for the grill insert and eyelids for 300 something!!!

What kind of paint is done on there, is a clear coat put on too???

I might have to shipp this to someone if they could please get it painted for me, if I can't find a good deal around here.

i got my grille and the badges on the back done for 120$..plus i think it was mostly the badges seein he filled the holes,sanded and did the whole 9 yards...u cant evne tell they were there.. 300$ is absurd

I had mine done w/ a few other things... I'd expect to pay $50-$75 on something like that though.

Where can I buy the mazdaspeed emblem that a couple or most people have on their Grill insert?? And how much?

How does it stay on the mesh without falling out?

thought I might add this question to this thread, sorry for the jack, but does anyone know if the DGM carbon fiber grille will fit the 03.5.....I think it will, but just want to make sure before I buy one.

Yes It should fit the 03.5 msp the msp protege and protege5 have the same bumper so it will fit.
Anyone want to chime in about this?? Also the Mazdaspeed emblem...tooo

Tommy1005 said:
thought I might add this question to this thread, sorry for the jack, but does anyone know if the DGM carbon fiber grille will fit the 03.5.....I think it will, but just want to make sure before I buy one.

It fits the "Japanese style" bumper. MP3, P5, MSP.

The Mazdaspeed emblem I have is from actual Mazdaspeed in Japan (different than knock-off ebay or US Mazdaspeed). They're like $30. I think CorkSport still carries them.

Last edited:
Where is the mazdaspeed emblem under for your site? I looked at corksport's but only saw a set of three but those don't look like the one everyone has in their grill. Interested in the emblems your carrying....

HorsepowerFreak said:
I don't sell them... that's why I recommended a place to buy them from

http://corksport.com/store/category/67hy/Mazdaspeed.html

Thanks for the link. The grill emblem is 37 plus whatever shipping will be...
Is the Jap version of the MS emblem on that same page? The set of three? Doesn't look much different then the one on the speed now...

**edit* Found the ones from Japan J-Spec they are used on the MPS they go on the fender sides...**

Last edited:
Notorious_V.I.C said:
Is the Jap version of the MS emblem on that same page? The set of three? Doesn't look much different then the one on the speed now...

**edit* Found the ones from Japan J-Spec they are used on the MPS they go on the fender sides...**

(uhm)

I posted the link to where my badge is... It's made my Mazdaspeed (Japan) for use in a grill. It's not an OEM badge, nor did it come on a car. Mazdaspeed is an aftermarket company.

Back