Favorite old POS you have owned...

chacon101

Is protecting his balls
:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
I currently own an 08' MS3 and although I do really enjoy driving the car, I sometimes still think of my old flames (some literally)...those being cars that I used to own. I was just wanting to start a thread about any old car you owned that got to your heart even though it was a total POS. I have owned 13 cars in my 30 years and besides some cool cars like a 71' Super Beatle, I have found that the shittiest car of all was also one of the most fun.

The car was a Plymouth Champ and it was an 84 model. I was was living in Seattle at the time (actually Fort Lewis) and I had no transportation. Anyone who has been in the military knows that there is a "lemon lot" that is just a place for us to keep passing down used vehicles on the cheap after we get deployed or whatever. Well, being that I would blow my whole paycheck in one weekend of partying, I was short on cash. I found the perfect car...the Champ...and it was painted in faded silver. It had solid wheels with plastic covers, limo tint all around and even on the popup sunroof. The best part, no gas cap. Let me just remind you that this was the Seattle area. Anyways, I bought it for $495 bucks and it ran so whatever.

Some of my "mods" included getting grey fur coverings for all of the seats and well, after that, the price would have doubled so I cooled it. What was fun about it? Well, if you were to drive more than 46 mph, the car would start bucking like a wild rhino until you slowed down a bit. Seriously, the car would have made a great horror movie car :)

One of the things that I loved about this car was hitting the highway. In order for me to get past 46 mph, I would have to draft big rigs. For some reason, if I was right on the bumper of a very large vehicle, the draft would pull me and I could go as fast as I wanted. Try doing this for 45 miles on the highway and you get the feeling your life is like a video game...pretty damn cool! It wasn't so fun when a trucker would see what you were doing and then slow down to the point where you had to back off and then he would take off really fast again...leaving your ass in the dust and of course, the car would be literally bucking like a bull with a rope around it's nuts trying to slow down to 46 mph. If I was lucky enough to catch another rig while the car was slowing down, bam, I was "on the road again". I think an arial view of my trips would have made a great YouTube video but this was before all that...even before ricers so my car was exempt.

I even took it to a mechanic once because after leaving the Pike Street Market, the car wouldn't start. He felt soo bad for me after telling me that he would have to replace my gas tank that he flushed it....for free. Car sympathy (drinks)

So yeah, the car sucked but it was also the greatest.

ill be 21 in 2 weeks and have had 4 cars, and my first car was a 89 civic dx, nothing special at but that thing was more fun to drive then my MSP, mainly cause it was POS and i didnt give a s*** where i parked, if a shopping cart hit, or if i broke something from modding it. I took that sob offroading and but a hole in the gas tank too. that lil thing was a beast, what killed though was doing 25mph into snowpiles with my friends ont he roof. After that she died, but i still miss her.

The car was a Plymouth Champ and it was an 84 model. I was was living in Seattle at the time (actually Fort Lewis) and I had no transportation. Anyone who has been in the military knows that there is a "lemon lot" that is just a place for us to keep passing down used vehicles on the cheap after we get deployed or whatever. Well, being that I would blow my whole paycheck in one weekend of partying, I was short on cash. I found the perfect car...the Champ...and it was painted in faded silver. It had solid wheels with plastic covers, limo tint all around and even on the popup sunroof. The best part, no gas cap. Let me just remind you that this was the Seattle area. Anyways, I bought it for $495 bucks and it ran so whatever.

Some of my "mods" included getting grey fur coverings for all of the seats and well, after that, the price would have doubled so I cooled it. What was fun about it? Well, if you were to drive more than 46 mph, the car would start bucking like a wild rhino until you slowed down a bit. Seriously, the car would have made a great horror movie car :)

One of the things that I loved about this car was hitting the highway. In order for me to get past 46 mph, I would have to draft big rigs. For some reason, if I was right on the bumper of a very large vehicle, the draft would pull me and I could go as fast as I wanted. Try doing this for 45 miles on the highway and you get the feeling your life is like a video game...pretty damn cool! It wasn't so fun when a trucker would see what you were doing and then slow down to the point where you had to back off and then he would take off really fast again...leaving your ass in the dust and of course, the car would be literally bucking like a bull with a rope around it's nuts trying to slow down to 46 mph. If I was lucky enough to catch another rig while the car was slowing down, bam, I was "on the road again". I think an arial view of my trips would have made a great YouTube video but this was before all that...even before ricers so my car was exempt.

I even took it to a mechanic once because after leaving the Pike Street Market, the car wouldn't start. He felt soo bad for me after telling me that he would have to replace my gas tank that he flushed it....for free. Car sympathy (drinks)

So yeah, the car sucked but it was also the greatest.

LMFAO that would be a kick ass youtube vid.

97 mercury mystique... that car got air born way to many times, and on two wheels. What killed it was I got pissed off at the rad hoses blowing (5 years old and couldn't aford to replace them all at once but only 1 at a time) so I said screw it im not walking home again at 3am and jumped on the interstate and did 100 plus tell it shut down... stupid car still ran after that! Grant it was toast and sounded like it had rocks in the engine but it still ran. I ended up seeing if i could drive it home after putting more oil into it and it made it home 10 miles later. I even did a public service by smoking the neighborhood for mystiques. lol

84 fiero 4cyl. Figured out how to have some serious make-out sessions in it. Airborne in it. drove it like I had no sense. What more need be said. Age - 16

1983 K5 Blazer AKA "The Beast"
That damn truck could drive through anything. Not so good at jumps as we found out when we thought we were just going up a little hill and it was a 6' drop off on the other side....at 40 mph

1990 Chevy Corsica. Took that thing offroading and rallying down the backroads of my neighborhood till it hit 300,000 miles. Then we gave it to some charity so they could scrap it and my parents could write it off.

That damn truck could drive through anything. Not so good at jumps as we found out when we thought we were just going up a little hill and it was a 6' drop off on the other side....at 40 mph

My husband had a K5 blazer, that thing was a tank, it was amazing what that thing could drive through.

(rofl) yea, i seriously broke out in laughing after reading that

Oh, I forgot to mention how mine bit the dust. I was in a parking lot and I had just filled it up with gas (9 gallons or something like that). I backed out of the gas filling area and before the car came to a complete stop, I put it in first and hit the gas. BAM!! I hit could floor it but the car wouldn't move..WTF?? I opened the door and looked under the car while still sitting in it and all I could see were bolts and metal pieces just falling down like Florida rain storm. I never did figure out what happened to that car....

87 buick century station wagon.. powder blue with wood panel siding.

blue crushed velour bench seat FTMFW.

My sister wrecked that thing.. I was sad. That car was my high school pimp wagon.

1973 Dodge Charger was my first car. Had it back in 1998. It was fun having a car that was 9 years older than me. It was gold and had a black canvas top that was cracked as hell. Ran great except for bad tires, bad suspension, no radio/ac/heat, radiator that leaked, bad starter, something that drained the battery, then finally the fuel pump went out and after the car stayed parked for 5 months my dad made me sell it :( I really miss the old girl.

87 ford tempo gl

if you made a left turn you'd have to manually return the steering wheel back to center.

if you made a right turn and let the wheel go, it would keep spinning and start turning left. it drove straight otherwise.

oh yeah. you also had to left foot brake because the car would stall.

the car was borderline deadly, except that it made me pay so much attention to driving and everyone and everything around me, i think it actually helped me.

my favorite was my 97 White geo metro. 5speed. It smelled like swamp cause my closet caved in and i was going to take all the plaster to work to dump it and i forgot it in the back seat for like a month and it rotted or whatever. then i sold it to one of my friends and he ruined it, one day he came by and said that he couldnt get one of the caliper bolts off so it was just stuck dangling, and wanted help. I looked down and he was driving the car with the dangling caliper! So i jsut went inside, theres no helping that situation.

1972 chevy vega gt (bought new) - 140hp at the crank...body rotted in 13 months (both rear quarters) and went through 3 engines, the first at 30K the second at 30,020 and the third/last (with steel sleves in the block) ran about another 60K until my brother thru a rod. it was just the worst car eva!

Where to start..... First car was an AE86, dark blue, with five stars, drove like a dream. Totalled at 376K miles. Next car was an 87 RX7, two motors later and not many miles, totalled. The chick was hot though. Next, 96 Avalon, leather, white with blue pearl, totalled. Then 94 Toyota Pickup 4x4, great times all around, totalled. Then 86 civic, don't miss that POS at all, totalled. Then 2000 Camry, family go getter, still have it. Lastly, 2000 Jetta 1.8T. Money pit but put down some nice power and looked good. That was the first car that I ever sold and didn't total. Still yet to have a wreck be my fault.

Latest posts

Back