CocoMs3

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
My mods are :
- Corksport DP
- Corksport RP
- Corksport Sri
- COBB tuning accessport

What gauges do you recomend ? and Who do you like the best?

i was going to get a boost (non digital gauge) coolant temperature gauge, an oil pressure gauge or an oil temperature gauge ... i have 3 gagues figuered out where i want them , i cant figuere out the 4th .....
im purchasing the defroster pod that holds 2 guages , and turning the driverside ac vent into a gauge .
similar to this
2uzfax5.jpg

Ok I'm confused, is the pic that you have posted what you already have?? if not then that's all you will need, the aeroforce does EVERYTHING you will ever want in 1 gauge WHY bother with all the others??

Last edited:
OP: You are going to get a lot of different fanboy responses regarding gauge preference. It is really a beauty contest and sort of a gauge version of do you like blondes, brunettes or redheads, tall, short, plump or thin women. Go with what YOU like.

I'm old school. I like direct reading mechanical gauges when they are available. My boost gauge is VDO. German company. Makes a lot of OEM gauges for very expensive European cars. Parent company also owns ATE, that makes our brake system. Good mechanical gauges with analog dials are clear, easy to read at a glance, even with the boost rising or falling, are accurate and inexpensive.

The VDO boost gauge I have is a purely mechanical gauge with vacuum or boost pushing directly on the spring inside the gauge housing. Others here will prefer electronic gauges taking measurements from the engine bay. Yet others will prefer taking measurements from the OBD2 port using the sensors built into the car. There is no clear benefit from any of these approaches. I just like that direct measurement by the gauge and not having to rely on a remote sensor.

The one I use was purchased from JEGS for less than $30 and covers vacuum from 30 inches to boost at 25 psi. Part number is VDO #918-150063. It would fit in the vent pod if you want to mount it there. Mine is in its own satin black pod (extra cost but not much) mounted down close to the OBD2 port, which also gives me access to an instrument panel hot wire for the light. Almost invisible except to the only person that really needs to be looking at it -- me.

Edit: doesn't your AP tell you most of the metrics you want to know anyway?

Last edited:
Im with msms3 other than looks why would you need a gauge because you have an accessport.

Back