Exhaust Temps??

Moonman8

:
2003 MP5-T
I'm curious about what temperature the exhaust pipes can actually reach. I've seen headers and turbo manifolds glow red hot under heavy loads but what temperature do the exhaust pipes average?

I'm curious because I'm thinking about coating either the stock exhaust manifold itself or the stock heat shield. The coating I already have is made by DEI (manufacturers of header wraps and the Cry02 injection system) and it's meant for exhaust bits. However, its rated for 1500 degress maximum and I'm curious about whether or not the exhaust manifold reaches temperatures beyond 1500. If it does, then I will end up coating the heat shield instead.

I know, kind of a wierd question, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Should work ask the manufacturer. We are no hotter (in fact a wee bit cooler - because we run richer. Running lean=running hot!

I have an EGT and it has never gone higher than 1500 Deg F no matter the load or condintions.

Normally in the range of 1000 to 1300 Deg F, regular driving.

503974_231_full.jpg

Brian MP5T said:
I have an EGT and it has never gone higher than 1500 Deg F no matter the load or condintions.

Normally in the range of 1000 to 1300 Deg F, regular driving.

503974_231_full.jpg

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. I think I'm just going to coat heatshield because polishing it just isn't in the cards right now.

Thanks for the responses.

Back