Time to forge

crjames3141

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Alright so I've been reading for hours about people going back and forth about the power output and best tuning software for mazdaspeed protege. I love this car and it definitely has a personality. I've blown a motor, torn and lsd in half and battled boost and vaccum leaks and now know this car inside and out. I'm ready to give her some forged internals to match her FMIC and piping, upgraded downpipe, full turbo back exhaust, T517z turbo, 440cc injectors, stainless turbo manifold. My question is I'll be going with wiseco pistons and pauter rods. What kind of power can I expect with this set up? What kind of tuning software should I reach for? Is there anything I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you changing compression ratios? Forged pistons and rods will add a tiny bit of power but it wont really be noticeable. What it will do is enable you to run higher boost which would of course improve power. With the mods you already have I don't see why you couldn't hit 200-250 HP with moderate boost (~10-15 psi.). Of course you would need a good tune, which in reality is the best way to make power. I haven't tried any aftermarket ECU's but from my understanding the SSAFC is a good place to start when trying to upgrade. After that you gotta go full stand-alone ECU which takes a lot of knowledge to tune. hope that helps you

I had almost the same setup on my car at one time.. I used ssafc. all the other stuff you mentioned.. I was running 18psi. and was well over 300whp.. honestly.. don't waste your money on pauter rods.. k1 will get you into a happy zone for Considerably less.. I had one with k1s and was still in the 290-300whp zone.. of course I also had a stage 3 clutch, welded lsd, solid motor mounts and single runner intake mani..

Back