Everybody knows that a "fill-in-the-blank" intake is the best

pigwet

Looking to purchase an intake for my 2010 speed 3. I've seen so many conflicting opinions. Please recommend one for me and attach a dyno if you have it.

I live in New Hampshire and I get that hiccup that people are talking about. It's cold here but it gets warm and sticky in the summer. Not sure I need a cold air system here.

AEM, K&N, CORKSPORT, COBB?

I am partial to the CorkSport intake. We have posted our results and dyno information on our blog here with the intake and how it reacts with other parts.

We will have other colors besides black for the MAF housings available shortly for our intakes as well giving you an even bigger range of color options for your car.

If you were closer I could give you a ride in my car with the intake installed.

-Derrick

It's not a speed3, but still... corksport.

IMG_1903.jpg

Looking to purchase an intake for my 2010 speed 3. I've seen so many conflicting opinions. Please recommend one for me and attach a dyno if you have it.

I live in New Hampshire and I get that hiccup that people are talking about. It's cold here but it gets warm and sticky in the summer. Not sure I need a cold air system here.

AEM, K&N, CORKSPORT, COBB?

Personally, I've done a lot of research as far as performance/value and Corksport delivers the best of both worlds hands down. That being said, as soon as they are back in stock, I'm ordering mine (or when my paycheck hits.. whichever comes first). SRI+TIP for $240 that delivers good numbers and puts your ass back in your seat is worth it IMO.

Ditto with Nynhex (he spends way to much time on the forum), attached an install pic, this was fairly quick, took our time, no leaks the first time and no CEL, sounds and feels good. I believe best bang for the buck.

iw6hat.jpg

Ditto with Nynhex (he spends way to much time on the forum), attached an install pic, this was fairly quick, took our time, no leaks the first time and no CEL, sounds and feels good. I believe best bang for the buck.
I just have a job that allows me the luxury of multi-tasking. I work, I swear! :)

I'm placing my order this week, I'm pretty pumped.

And our 2010 MZ3 intakes now have multiple color anodized options available. MS3's are right behind them, just need to get them posted up on the website.

MAFS.jpg

Here's a 2010 MZ3 version:

Axl-6-117-11210.jpg

Jason
CorkSport

What other CAI's are even available. I'm having a heck of a time finding a decent selection.

What exactly are you looking for? Between Cobb, Corksport, AEM, Injen, CPE, UR you have tons to choose from. I'm a fan of Corksport, I'd narrow it down between Corksport and Cobb to be honest.

The gains you get will be pretty close no matter which one you choose, for me the focus was on build quality, design, and research.

Sorry, I didn't give adequate info. I have the 2010 GT 2.5.

I can only find the corksport designed specifically for that engine.

Also, I said CAI, I was lumping SRI's in w/ that.

I just installed my Corksport SRI yesterday! Product in terms of quality is phenominal. The job isnt as easy as I thought it would have been but with the great instructions included with the SRI I was able to get it done. The performance is really great, and I didnt realize that the sound was going to be so significant. With that said I'd defenitly recomend the Corksport SRI.

I just had my Mazdaspeed CAI installed on last Wednesday with the Cobb TIP. I originally purchased this for my 2007 MS3 and when I traded the 07 for 10 I kept it hoping it would fit. As luck had it... all was installed without any issues. So if you are looking for a full CAI, I would recommend the Mazdaspeed version but if I had to start all over again, I think I would go with Corksport as well. Ordering my motor mounts this week and hopefully have the DP and the Corksport LED brake lights installed by the time 70 degrees hits IL.

Good to hear. We need to get some photos taken of the color anodized MAF housings with the MAF installed - the contrast of the black overmolded MAF with the colored housing looks freakin awesome. I installed a red one for a 2010 MS3 customer the other day and I was really pleased with the outcome. Next time he's in I'll get a few photos of it and put it up here.

I might be getting mine. After actually reading the description on Corksport it comes with both SRI + TIP good deal.

Last edited:
How do you figure "SRI+TIP for $240"? When the Corksport SRI is $240 alone. Cobb offers theirs for $175 and it's just as good if not better than the CS SRI. Unless I got my facts mixed up....as far as I know these are the latest prices.

The Corsksport SRI is a SRI with a TIP included. It's an all-in-one solution for $240. If you look at Cobb's website they list an SRI and a TIP totally $340. Both perform well and are quality pieces but I decided to go with Corksport.

The Corsksport SRI is a SRI with a TIP included. It's an all-in-one solution for $240. If you look at Cobb's website they list an SRI and a TIP totally $340. Both perform well and are quality pieces but I decided to go with Corksport.

I just noticed this I'm ordering one now.....sorry for my lack of reading. lol

Back