Euro trip

Speed3.5

chasing electrons ..
:
16' Mazda3, MSP
Hello fellow European neighbors, I'm originally from Balkan but I am US citizen now.
It's been almost 10 yr I haven't visited back my country or europe so I'm planning to do a trip going through couple of european countries instead.

Time is limited and so is money unfortunately so my tentative schedule is as follows, UK 3rd week of July, then France (Paris pass by maybe lol), Amsterdam (I think everyone knows why) , Germany(not sure where yet), Austria (not sure where exactly either), Italy and end in Balkan.

What you ppl suggest to visit/see/stop by on these countries, I'm sure they are not the same as they use to so they have new trends and places that ppl go to unlike before.

UK and Italy I'm planning to stay about 1 week each since I have relatives but on the other states 1 night would be my max unfortunately since I don't know where and what to do but at least It won't be bad to see what I can.

As of now, some questions:

1- How easy is to travel with train through Europe ?
2- Any chance there's something going on on these states in July ?

Any suggestion at all please post it up :)

EDIT: read below for updates lol

Last edited:
Hi

I hope you have a good trip, if you consider visiting the southern part of Norway let me know. I'm considering taking a trip over to UK sometime in July, if I find the time and that will be in the 3rd week of July I'll let you know.

In Paris all I know is the obvious ones; wine tasting, the catacombs and the Eiffel tower.

Are you going to Amsterdam to enjoy the dam system, look at the famous hoseboats, look at the dikes just outside town, go down to the basement of the stadium and feel the sea underneath you, visit the Anne Frank Museum, visit Madam Tussaud or ++? (There is in fact a lot to do and see in Amsterdam)

Germany has a lot to offer. The technical museums in Speyer and Sinsheim are impressive, a lot of cars, F1 cars, a space shuttle and a lot of airplanes (like a Concorde and a 747.) You might find the financial district in Frankfurt impressive, if you are driving and have a lot of time you should consider taking a drive at the "romantische Strasse." Berlin has a rich history, signs of the great divide (The wall) and the Stasi Museum (booking in advance is a good idea.) South of Berlin is Tropical Island, North of town lies the remains of Sachenhausen and ravensbrck, might be worth a visit. I also have some tips further north in Germany, but I doubt you'll reach those with your time schedule. In the southern part you will also see a lot of castles if you are into that.

Travelling with trains in Euope is normally easy, fast and convinient, but very expensive, especially if you plan to travel from point A to B and then back again to point A I would suggest rening a car, just be careful on the autobahn, it might become rather crazy sometimes and you might encounter going from unlimited speed to 80km/h and head into a speed camera. (I don't think you'll have that problem in the summer traffic though. If you choose to try it out, remember: - whatever you do on the autobahn, don't stay in the left lane too long or overtake someone in the right lane or your driving licence might be history if a police officer sees you.

There is usually a lot going on in Germany in July, but I can't remember anything right now.

A bit curious I must say, how did you become a US Citizen?

Isbre, here we go again but now I'm trying to do a Euro-trip :)

Plenty of info which is always very appreciated but unfortunately I have in plan one night in each those states so time will be very constrained.

First , in Paris just want to pass by and see what's it all about.

Second, Amsterdam has lots of goodies lol , will try my best to see as much as I can.

Third, Germany has lots to offer but I'll stay over at a major city and move on from there, not much time to look around.

Fourth, I'd be glad to meet up in UK with you but unfortunately I don't foresee any trip to Norway due to time constrain and tight on budged.
How long you plan to stay in UK, I'm planning 1 week only and already booked on visiting relatives and such, 1 thing I want to do is see the stone henge.

I thought about renting a car but it will be expensive and thought of train since I'm doing 1 way going from UK to italy while passing through some other states.

I got involved with some immigration visa which given the time gave me the chance to become a US citizen :)

Now it's time to put this passport to good use lol

Yeah, here we go again lol, I do love to travel.

If you look at my post you see that I have concentraded on Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin. If you are dead set on trains it's an easy to get around, especially from one big city to another, but it will cost ya, an interrail ticket might be the most affordable option.

If I get to the UK I will probably stay there 3, maybe 4, days. Don't know when yet, but the 3rd week of July is an option. Nothing is decided yet, it all depends on flight and hotel costs. Are you flying in to London?

New updates!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the tickets and will be in LONDON on July 17'th around 10:30am and will be staying there for a week.

There's a couple of MAZDA enthusiast in LONDON, Italy, Germany, Scandinavian countries and Balkan peninsula so I was thinking if people from this areas could come together and set up a meeting relatively when I get there so they could sign the MAZDA FLAG.

Now, its understandable that not everyone can make it but communicate with each other so at least if few can come they could sign in behalf of others that couldn't show up as well.

From the list of who's next on getting the MAZDA FLAG I didn't see anyone being in EUROPE so basically this would be the best opportunity to sign the MAZDA FLAG.

Please if any group wants to do this pm me so we can set up something as well as get the approval for getting the flag.

Back