Eunos Cosmo 20th Anniversary Meet RECAP

Antoine

Administrator
April 15th...Detailed, prepped and ready to roll thanks to Kobe Mazda in Nishinomiya! *iPhone pic

April 16th...I arrived in Yokohama & at Mazda R&D much sooner than expected...Everyone was telling me that it would take 7 to 10 hours but I guess they weren't thinking in "Eunos Cosmo" time...;) *iPhone pic

*iPhone pic

*iPhone pic

April 17th...MEET DAY! Can you believe we couldn't keep these super cool tags!? Now I'm glad I took this pic!

*iPhone pic

A friend of mine let me borrow his wide angle lens...This is the first time I had ever used one...
I'm still getting used to it but I would definitely love to have my own wide angle lens someday!

There's my spot... :)

Here are a few pics of the display area within the Mazda R&D Reception area...:)

Yes please!

(ohsnap!) Now how cool is that!

Now back to the MAIN EVENT & SOME SUNSHINE! (woowoo)

Major WIDE angle action and one of my new favorite shots with yours truly in the shot!

We spent a lot of time in this seminar room introducing ourselves & our rides etc...That EC you see on the screen was not at the meet but it has got to be one of the MOST HEAVILY modified EC's in the world...Especially in regards to performance!

Where's my "Eunos Cosmo Parking ONLY" sign...:p

Nice contrast action going on here with yours truly...;)

We were all so lucky that the sky cleared and the sun came out by the afternoon...Just that morning the weather was HORRIBLE!

Custom Paint Job Baby!

One of my favorite ECs besides my own of course ;) ...Just love the color and two tone action on this sweet machine...(cool)

Nice use of the STT badge! (thumb)

Sweet! OG MAZDASPEED rim action on an EC...I really dig these rims and it's nice to see them on a Cosmo...Looking very cool I must say! (2thumbs)

Along with a great variety of colors...There was a great variety of exterior mods and rim styles on display as well...:D

More WIDE angle action...

Okuyama Rear Strut-Bar Action...Say goodbye to your rear seat belts though...Although another EC owner is running lap belts which is worth considering if you need/want to run belts along with the rear strut-bar.

No secret where those brakes came from..!

Representin'!

I believe this was an actual option back in the day and I dig it...Still working on my own "custom" version though... ;)

Now for some straight up Eunos Cosmo action!

Oh Yeah!

Not really diggin' the bumper & grill treatment but I do like the lip a lot!

Nice Rims!

This Cosmo has a unique front lip...Note the painted side-view mirrors and "20B" badge hiding in the grill...:)

Going for the "All Original" look...(thumb)

Notice the front license plate extension piece there...Wonder if that helps make life difficult for highway speed cameras...?

Interesting color tint and nice Eunos badge placement...

You can see how high the stock front end is...I believe this one has stock suspension.

Another "Original" style Cosmo...I dig those optional factory rims...(thumb)

Delicious color...:p

The EC looks damn good in RED too!

Another one of my fav Eunos Cosmos @ the meet...This beaut has very functional & balanced upgrades, a $10,000+ paint job and every type of body bracing EVER MADE for the Cosmo! A Very Tastefully Modded Eunos Cosmo! (2thumbs)

This custom yellow Cosmo has just about every bolt-on for the EC ever made...All high-quality, high-end & high performance parts...Nothing too crazy but very well thought out! (2thumbs)

Rockin' SAMCO Silicon...Which I would like to do in the future but it sure is EXPENSIVE!

The infamous uber front strutbar...As you can see, it's definitely an AutoExe piece but unfortunately, it's no longer available! :( Although I like the CARBING/OKUYAMA "look" better...;) Note the custom engine shock bracing...;)

Classy two-tone action...

Note the custom "Mazda" badge and "deep dish" action on all four corners...

Full shot of the EC rockin' those OG Mazdaspeed rims...

Love the two-tone action here and I believe that custom front-lip was made by a Member of the Eunos Cosmo Club back in the day...Quite a few of the Cosmos at the meet were sportin' this piece...I dig it! (thumb)

Now this EC had one of the most subtle yet uber cool custom mods I've ever seen...Note the custom hood vent, it definitely has a "factory feel"...Very well done...If I were going to go the "vent" route...I would seriously consider this approach...(2thumbs)

The custom touches didn't end there...Note the sunroof & dash...:)

3 ROTOR RE Represent!...with yours truly in the background...:D

(five-0) Seems natural...Would make for a great Detective Car in a Police Drama...:p

Just strolling down the hallway at the Mazdas247.com Offices...Haha...I WISH!
4542783261_517dd41676_b.jpg

Fujita Engineering "FEED" tuned EC...This Cosmo was actually at the meet but I didn't get a chance to see take a shot of his setup...:(

Yes please! This is a limited production custom Speedometer face plate made by Fujita Engineering back in the day...I'm currently scanning the online auctions for this piece.

Would you ever park your EC that close to any car??? Talk about a tight fit!

I could have gone on talking Cosmos all night but it was time to go...:(

Hope to see you again Mazda R&D! (hi)

This is a small pic of the group shot from the meet...Can you spot me? :p
20100417.jpg

* Pic from http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/eunoscosmo/communication/index.htm

Props for this once-in-a-lifetime epic!(cool)
Oh by the way, how mean that cosmo shown in the slides is when compae with the Fukuyama beast Anotine?

Last edited:
s*** that looks awesome!!! I will love to be in a Cosmo meet someday!!

Nice pics you got there waiting for the another 2 row of pictures :p

Great Pictures.

I want to get one of the roadster cars for my kid, that would be cool as hell.

-Derrick

Very nice Antoine!

That Cosmo on the slides was the RE-Amemiya "Dynamicism" Cosmo?

Also, I have the rear brace in my car and my rear seat belts are still working although I have noticed that due to the compliance process, the Aussie Cosmo's have their rear belts in a different position.

Looks like a nice meet!

I've never seen so many Cosmos in one place and I doubt I ever will again!

If I had the cash, mine Cosmo would have been there.

Antoine,

some great photos and some really nice Cosmo's turned up by the looks of it
were you impressed with the turn out ?
did you see any interesting performance mods you fancy trying on your beauty ?

look forward to the updates you have reserved on this thread (headbang)

Just posted some more pics...Got even more pics & a vid on the way!!!

Great Pictures!! Wished I was there to check things out in person.

Thanks Phil! Yeah...You would have enjoyed it no doubt! (thumb)

Guess what...They mentioned you and showed a few pics of your Cosmo before the introductions started...:D

Props for this once-in-a-lifetime epic!(cool)
Oh by the way, how mean that cosmo shown in the slides is when compae with the Fukuyama beast Anotine?

Thanks! Good question...The EST Fukuyama Cosmo is a dedicated TRACK MONSTER while the "DYNAMISM" Cosmo shown in the slides seems to be a STREET MONSTER...Both very EXTREME yet very DIFFERENT examples of what you can do with a Eunos Cosmo! (rockon)

s*** that looks awesome!!! I will love to be in a Cosmo meet someday!!

Nice pics you got there waiting for the another 2 row of pictures :p

Thanks man! Just posted some more (pics)...Enjoy!

Great Pictures.

I want to get one of the roadster cars for my kid, that would be cool as hell.

-Derrick

Thanks Derrick! Tell me about it...They had 3 of them just sitting around...I wonder how many were made in total...You might be able to find one for sale on the net.

Oh very nice very nice!

Merci! :D

Very nice Antoine!

That Cosmo on the slides was the RE-Amemiya "Dynamicism" Cosmo?

Also, I have the rear brace in my car and my rear seat belts are still working although I have noticed that due to the compliance process, the Aussie Cosmo's have their rear belts in a different position.

Thanks Berty! I believe so...Too bad I couldn't see it in person...:(

Yeah...If I install that rear brace...I will have to change the location of the seat belts which isn't a big deal (I hope)...I do occasionally have back seat passengers, so it is important to retain seat belts of some sort.

Looks like a nice meet!

I've never seen so many Cosmos in one place and I doubt I ever will again!

If I had the cash, mine Cosmo would have been there.

Turned out to be a great meet...Who knows when the next "big" meet will be..? It would have been great to have you there as well...(thumb)

Antoine,

some great photos and some really nice Cosmo's turned up by the looks of it
were you impressed with the turn out ?
did you see any interesting performance mods you fancy trying on your beauty ?

look forward to the updates you have reserved on this thread (headbang)

Thanks...Was I impressed with the turn out? Considering Eunos Cosmo Meets of any kind are extremely rare these days...It was a FANTASTIC turn out and you can't beat the location...Freakin' Mazda R&D! (rockon)

Interesting performance mods? YES...Definitely! I really dig a lot of what the custom painted yellow Cosmo had on it...From engine mods to brakes and bracing...I've got plenty of new ideas now thanks to the meet! (2thumbs)

(woowoo) Finally got the vid and 2nd batch of pics up! :D

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X8RZedA5hN4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X8RZedA5hN4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

very nice!

thanks for taking so many pictures.

i wish this car would have made it over to the states.

very nice!

thanks for taking so many pictures.

i wish this car would have made it over to the states.

Thanks for taking a look...Yeah, if the Eunos Cosmo had made it to the U.S, even in limited numbers...I'm sure it would have a very strong and passionate following to this day and the aftermarket for the the Cosmo would still be somewhat alive now...Unlike in Japan, where the EC aftermarket peeked over 10 years ago and has gone downhill ever since...Sad really but not surprising considering the EC's increasing rarity and the fact that most Japanese these days seem to want a FRACKIN' Prius! (notcool)

That said...The day will come when the Eunos Cosmo becomes a genuine "classic car" and receives the proper recognition it deserves! (thumb)

wow! great pics antoine!

Thanks man! :D

I consider Eunos Cosmo to be a classic already ;) Especially the 20B version.

Its first for Mazda for many things but also first for a lot of things in automotive world. Being also so limited in production, I can only see this being a classic in the future.

Thanks Phil! Yeah...You would have enjoyed it no doubt! (thumb)

Guess what...They mentioned you and showed a few pics of your Cosmo before the introductions started...:D

I was looking through this thread and read this.. I guess I was just looking at pictures before...
SO, WHAT??? Are you serious?? They showed my car?

I consider Eunos Cosmo to be a classic already ;) Especially the 20B version.

Its first for Mazda for many things but also first for a lot of things in automotive world. Being also so limited in production, I can only see this being a classic in the future.

(mswerd)

I was looking through this thread and read this.. I guess I was just looking at pictures before...
SO, WHAT??? Are you serious?? They showed my car?

Yup...During the meeting intro in the morning, they showed a few Eunos Cosmo pics from "infamous" owners such as yourself & DMRH...Everybody seemed to like that shot of you driving your Cosmo across that long bridge...(thumb)

I dont see any pics :(

Pics are working on my end...Still experiencing the same issue? Could it be your browser settings?

Yup...During the meeting intro in the morning, they showed a few Eunos Cosmo pics from "infamous" owners such as yourself & DMRH...Everybody seemed to like that shot of you driving your Cosmo across that long bridge...(thumb)

COOL!!!! I feel like I made it in the world... LOL!!!

Back