Espelir Springs for Protege5

what are the chances of getting some of these springs only (would love to do the full suspension package, but already put a few bucks into the car lately) for a 99 ES?

*gaining interest in these springs*

i like the fact that its an even drop. it looks much better than some other springs where the back seems to be jacked up. 1.4" is about perfect.

mine are ordered. Thanks Rishie! Rishie and AutoRnD should be commended for their great support of our community. They should be here Thursday, I will put them on and take before/after pics.

madduck99 said:
what about springs for a 03 sedan? (scratch)
Glyph, put these on his 99 ES, I am sure if he was succesful they will fit on a 03. Let me know if you are interested. We have to order some more.

Thanks
Dave

They look like they will fit. I am stuck between my crazy work schedule, hurricanes, and the shop guy being in when he's supposed to. My swaybar is stuck because I rounded a nut. I'll post pics as soon as it's finished. Trust me, I want it finished.

Here's the results of my Espilir installation. I likey! This was a good buy. The ride is great, the body pitch (accel/decel) and roll has been greatly reduced. I drove to church and the wife couldn't really say the ride was worse. Quite happy. Especially considering the deal AutoRnD gave me.

That's awesome. It lowers the car very evenly. I like them a lot as well. Good Ride and Good handling. Thanks for posting your results glyph.

Thanks, Rishie

Silly question perhaps, and spank me if I'm out of place, but with the extensive searching, etc lately I've yet to get a good solid answer. Howmuch will I regret it if I go with these springs and don't do struts? I've got an 03, with 25k miles on it, so I'd assuem I've stiill got enough life left in my struts to be good for a year or so even dropped, but stock+heavier springrates, is that gonna give me a bouncy ride?

I haven't done my struts, and there is no bounce at all. The only way you would get bounce is if your struts no longer damp the motion at all. Mine is very comfortable and tight. Though I still plan on getting the Illuminas in a bit.

Do you have pics of your car when they were on eibachs compared to the espelirs? I was thinking of getting the eibachs because they offer a bigger drop (1.8 as opposed to 1.4)

BlueMP5Dave said:
I am now rolling on the best springs for the Protege5. I was rolling on a Eibach Pro-kit. These springs offer a 35mm (1.4 inch) drop on front and rear. The are linear instead of progressive they ride ten times smoother than Eibach. The spring rates are aggressive at 179 front and 157 rear. Turn in is outstanding, and the car corners much flatter. Look for the GB coming shortly.

The drops are the same. That's why i keep telling people not to look at specs but pictures only. I don't have those pics anymore. I'm sure Bluemp5dave does tho.

Rishie

Back