Engine vibration at around 2000 RPM

lcann25

:
2014 CX-5
Hey Everyone, I'm contemplating getting the Corksport muffler for my CX-5 so the other day I wanted to rev up and listen to my stock exhaust a bit so I had the drivers door open and was playing with the RPM's a bit just to see how she sounded and noticed around just over 2000 RPM a very noticeable engine vibration, you can feel it in the butt for sure, but you can actually see the vibration in the door with it open. Anyone else ever notice this? not sure if it's normal or if I should have Mazda take a look. Feel free to chime in with this, i'll wait a bit before booking it in for service.

Why would you take it in for service again? Do you typically idle your car at 2000 rpm?

Do you typically idle your car at 2000 rpm?

Are you serious? no it doesn't idle at 2000RPM but it does certainly hit that RPM range when DRIVING the vehicle, and if there is something going wrong with the engine I'd like to get it repaired before it gets any worse, my question was simply if this is happening to everyone, which tells me this is normal, and if it's not it obviously needs to be looked at.

I have never noticed any abnormal vibes at any RPM range, and seems as smooth as my last Honda. I'll try to rev mine later this morning @ 2k at report back.

See if fhe vibration is present under load if you were in neutral.

The first post was in neutral just free revving, I have since gone out and drove it under a few different scenarios and have noticed when under a heavy load such as spirited driving, or in the wrong gear in manual mode and pushing the accelerator all the way down that it will shake under different RPM's as well, the engine doesn't seem to have a miss at all and there are no dash lights, so I really don't know what to think

Maybe the motor mounts are defective or some how loose? Just giving you possibilities that you can inspect ....

Back